Chapter 13

It had been two weeks since Rory returned from her interesting trip to San Francisco.  She'd been spending time with Logan, but she's been cautious.  She doesn't want to jump back into a relationship until she's sure she's ready for it.  Tonight was their first official date.  Rory was very nervous.  As her baby grew, her confidence in her appearance had diminished.  She'd never really doubted her looks, but the bump was becoming obvious.  She knew she shouldn't worry since Logan was the cause of said bump, but she was still in the process of accepting the changes happening to her body.  Her phone started buzzing.  She figured it was Logan, but to her surprise, it was Finn.

Finn: How are you doing, Darling?  Someone treating you right?

Rory: I'm a little freaked out.  First date with someone tonight, and I'm feeling very self-conscious.

Finn: I'm sure you look gorgeous, as usual.

He remembered how radiant she looked when he last saw her.  He thought pregnancy had, somehow, made her all the more beautiful to him.  At least, they were still friends.  He just wasn't sure how much longer he could do it.  He cared for Rory but knowing she was back with Logan hurt.

Rory: Thanks, Finn!  You always know how to make a girl smile.

Finn: Good news!  I'll be back in town tomorrow!

Rory: That makes me so happy!  I've missed my Finn time!

No, she's not thinking of me in that way, is she? He thought.  We're just friends, he reminded himself.

Finn: Just relax and you'll be fine tonight.  See you tomorrow!

She sat down on the couch to relax a bit before her date.  She turned on the television and put on Netflix.  Nothing like a little Buffy to calm me down, she thought.  She felt herself relaxing.

The doorbell rang.  Logan waited nervously on the other side of the door, where he'd been waiting for five minutes before he actually rang the bell.  Rory opened the door to see him.  She walked to the car with him.  He opened the door for her and closed it after she got in.

After dinner, they arrived back at Rory's.  Logan was feeling very confident after a successful dinner.  He walked Rory to the door, holding her hand.  Rory unlocked the door and brought Logan in behind her.  She'd had an amazing evening.  Logan's always had a way of making her feel like the only woman in the room.

She turned to face him.  She put her hands around his neck.  He wrapped his arms around her waist.  She pulled him closer until their lips met.  He returned the kiss with a passion and intensity that surprised her.  She'd forgotten how he felt.  Slowly, they pulled out of the lusty kiss.

"Wow," Rory said.

"That was...."

"I know...."

Both had been rendered speechless.  They stood quietly for a moment.

"Rory," he began.

"Yes, Logan," she replied.

He paused and looked into her crystal blue eyes.  "I love you, Ace."

"I love you, too.  I always have."

Looking into each other's eyes, they kissed again.  Rory got swept away in the moment.  Before she knew it, they were on the way to her room.  There was a trail of clothes behind them as they tumbled onto her bed.  They were lost in one another as they rediscovered the other's body, separately and together.  After, they lie tangled in the sheets, holding each other.

"It's getting late.  I should probably get going," Logan said.

"Oh?" she replied disappointedly.

He kissed her, again.  "Are you saying you want me to stay?"

"And if I was?"

"Then who am I to turn you down?" he said with a wink.

Logan began kissing her again.  Their desire grew and led to a second round of love-making.  Rory felt content and full.  She had no doubt in her mind that she'd made the right decision.  They fell asleep in each other's arms.

In the morning, Rory awoke before Logan.  She went down to the kitchen to make some coffee.  She noticed a message on her phone.

Finn: I'm back in town, Love.

Rory: Did you catch an early flight?

Finn: I'm here.  Let me in.  We need to talk.

Rory went to the front door and let him in.

"What's up, Finn?"

"Is he here?" Finn asked quietly.

"Yeah, why?" she asked suspiciously.

"It's about him," he replied.

"Oh?  What is this about?" she asked angrily.

"Rory, I don't think he's telling you the truth......about leaving Odette."

"What are you talking about?  Why would he lie?"

"I don't know, Rory, but I don't think you can trust him," he warned.

"No.  NO!  You're wrong, Finn!  He wouldn't do that to me!" she said, crying.  "GET OUT!"