Chapter 30

Logan approached the table and saw the happy couple, who were completely oblivious to the rest of the world.

"Ahem!  Hope I haven't interrupted anything," he said with a small laugh that startled them.  Rory began to blush.

"We were just having a staring contest to pass the time until you got here," Finn joked.  "And now I've lost because of you."

"I'm glad it wasn't anything important," Logan replied.  He didn't believe his friend's joke.  It was obvious they were sharing a lovers' moment.  Rory began to stand up to greet Logan.  Her cheeks were still red from blushing.

"Hello, Logan," she said.

"Sit down, Ace.  I'll come over to you and the littlest Lorelai."

"The littlest Lorelai?  You want to name her after me and my mom?" she asked softly.  He gave her a gentle hug and kiss on the cheek.

"I figured since it seemed to be a tradition in your family that you might be inclined to go that way," he replied as he sat down.

"I actually did consider it, but I wasn't sure how you'd feel about it," she replied with a smile.

"Lorelai's been done.  You should name her after your favorite Aussie!" Finn suggested with a grin.

"Kylie?" Logan asked with a raised brow.

"That was my response, too," Rory said laughing.

"At least the response is consistent, but I'm not so sure about your choice.  Kylie Minogue?" he said jokingly disappointed.

"I was talking about Kylie Tennant.  She was a novelist, playwright, historian...."

Finn gave Rory a disappointed look.

"For the record, I was talking about Kylie Minogue," Logan said with a chuckle and everyone joined the laughter.

"So, if you're not going with Lorelai, what are your other considerations?" Logan asked.

"Well, it still has to do with Lorelai.  I was thinking of Victoria.  It's actually her middle name."

"It's strong, feminine...." Logan replied.

"Yeah?" she asked.

"I definitely like it," Logan agreed.

Finn grabbed Rory's hand under the table and gave it a squeeze.  He was happy she was leaning toward his suggestion.  It may not have anything to do with his Momu, but it was still his recommendation.  He refrained from saying anything with Logan around as he didn't want to cause any trouble.  Things were going well, and he intended to keep it that way.

"Did you have any other names to throw in the ring for consideration?" she asked Logan.

"Charlotte was the only other name that I had on my short list, but honestly, I like Victoria better."

"Maybe we could use Charlotte for the middle name," she suggested.

"Maybe?  I'm not sure, but I'm definitely on board with Victoria for her first name," Logan replied.

"So, we are going with Victoria?" she asked for final clarification.

"I agree.  Now, let's order.  I bet little Vicky is starving," he said with a sly grin.  He knew she'd never go for that nickname, but he couldn't resist teasing her.

"Really, Logan?  Vicky?  Remind me to have that discussion with you later," she replied with a little laugh.  She didn't think he was serious with the nickname, but she wanted to make her dislike clear.