twenty four | niall

unedited

"Daddy!" 

Ethan ran into my arms and hugged me tightly, while I crouched down so I could hug him too. 

"I missed you, buddy." I chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"I missed you too! We haven't played with toys for ages! Let's go play now?" Ethan asked excitedly.

"Let's firstly go inside and just be together for a little bit, yeah? Then we will play, we have time." I suggested and Ethan nodded, saying, "Okay, as long as you're here, it's okay." I smiled at his cuteness and together with Harry and Liam who didn't want to leave Harry and me alone (because he thought I'd do something stupid), we came inside the house.

Louis and Zayn went straight home, because they were tired and also haven't seen their families. I also heard that now Louis is on better terms with his wife, so the things between them are getting better. I'm not so sure about Zayn, because we haven't talked since the fight. Also I haven't talked to Harry either, because I just feel like he's such an asshole for me to even to talk to him.

Johanna came from the kitchen. "Ah, you came. Hi, Harry." She said smiling. "Hi, Niall." Her smile faltered a little, now a straight face.

"Fucking grow up already." I said quietly and rolled my eyes, walking up the stairs into my room.

•••

"Yeah, I want you to find him a hotel or a house where he can be at. Also give him the paycheck from the last 4 days and maybe even more than he's supposed to get. Make sure he is somewhere safe and yeah, I think that's it." I hang up, not even thinking twice did I make a right decision or not.

•••

I played with Ethan the whole day and now he fell asleep in my arms so I'm carrying him to his room. It's already night so as soon I put him in the bed, tuck him in, kiss his cheek and forehead and wish him sweet dreams, I close the door and come in the living room, where Liam is sitting on the couch.

"So you think you're doing the right thing?" Liam asked unsure; looking at me.

"I feel like that's the only way, yah." I nodded carelessly.

"But you still got him a place where he can be and made sure he has something to eat. That's something, at least." 

"I sometimes may be a bad person and people probably assume I'm bad just because I'm rich, but I'm not that awful to kick someone on the street without a place to live, or food to eat." I said, looking out of the window.

"I know. Just- Just take care, alright?" Liam patted my thigh. 

I nodded and after he saw me agree, he left.

•••

It was probably late at night when I heard someone waking me up, at rather mad tone. 

"Niall Horan! Wake the fuck up!" Those were the words I heard, with a few harsh shakes on my arm. 

I groaned and opened my eyes tiredly, only to see Harry looking all-furious. 

"What is wrong with you?" I asked, rubbing my eyes and slowly getting up

"You!" He yelled. "What did I do to make you hate me so much?" He looked at me intensely, waiting for me to respond.

"I don't hate you-" I tried to explain, so he could leave me alone but he wouldn't let me.

"Yes, you do! You clearly do hate me if you're trying to fire me!" He glared. "Was it because you kissed me? Is it because you're scared we're getting closer to each other? Or is it because you're just scared?" He asked in a harsh tone.

"I don't have time for this Harry, it's," I glanced at the clock on the nightstand. "3 AM and you're freaking waking me up just to argue. Fucking great." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Be careful, your eyes could fall out." He said. 

"Just fuck off, yeah?"

"No I won't because whatever you have against me, say it now. I want to hear what you have against me or I won't go and I won't let you fire me." Harry said, as if he already decided and is sticking up on his decision.

"Harry, just leave, I need to sleep. I can't deal with this shit right now." I said, trying to get back in the bed.

But Harry obviously didn't get it. He pushed me against the wall and trapped me. "It's better this way, isn't it?" He asked, his eyes locking on mines. "Now say it."

"Harry, don't test my patience." I could already feel my leg bouncing because I'm trying not to get angry so easily.

"What if I want to?" I could feel his breath on my face. He was doing it on purpose. "What if I say that you look hot when you're angry?" 

Alright now this got me shook.

"Nothing." I replied simply, shrugging my shoulders, trying to act like I don't care but at the same time I could see myself gulping.

"Nothing?" He got closer to my face. "Nothing?" He asked again, tilting his head a little bit.

I looked at his lips and I felt as if I was getting spellbound. But as soon as I saw him smirking, the realization hit me and I pushed him off a little bit. "Alright now this is getting out of hand." 

But for- Unfortunately he trapped me again, this time putting his leg between my legs, which means I'm trapped on every side. 

Great.

"Not if we pretend nothing happened, right?" He whispered. "Weren't those words you told me that night when you initiated the kiss? 'I do this with all my female friends, we do it as a joke.' Was that a joke too?" He asked me and I looked away, taking a deep breath to keep myself calm. "Is it better to ignore things than try to sort the things out, Niall?!" He raised his voice, breathing sharply. 

"Is it better to hurt my feelings than to try to talk to me, Niall?"

----

I'm sorry if this is short too, but i tried and i just can't write it long bc i feel like i'm writing it too long and i feel like the chapter is getting boring and you're already bored by just reading it.

oh and also it's like 10:30 PM here at the night and tomorrow i have important taking pictures with my classmates and my teacher and i gotta do something with my hair and my face and uuugh. i feel so stressed out especially bc that's the picture i will hold forever. well not rlly bc we have one more grade before we go to high school but like.. i'm sorry i'm ranting again lmao.

thank you for reading, i love you all (:

SMILE not because of others but because of yourself,

SMILE because your smile kills all the people that hate you out there,

SMILE because you're important to me and

SMILE because i love you very much (;

[i know i'm so fcking cheesy but i'm trying to be nice gahah]

Jo. ♥