Ch. 19 Ring of Fire

Start from the beginning

"Ahhh fuck!"

"I don't know how to turn it off," she whimpered.

"I'll find Eric." I reassured her and turned back into a wolf.

~

My damaged paw slowed me down but I made it to my truck and called Eric.

He got to me in a few moments and then I showed him where Violet was.

"Oh Violet." The look on Eric's face was of despair. He started to walk forward but I warned him that she had burnt me when I tried to touch her.

~

Eric's P.O.V.

Alcide warned me that Violet burned him but I didn't care. It was killing me as I watched her look so torn and vulnerable.

Violet, my love, it's Eric. Can you hear me?

She didn't respond.

Violet.

Still she said nothing. I could only feel how scared she was.

I took an unnecessary breath while the rain still poured down on us. Slowly I walked up to her and crouched down till she looked up at me. Her lips were trembling and my heart felt like it was breaking.

"Violet," I whispered and carefully pulled her into my arms. I thanked all of the Norse gods above that she didn't burn me alive.

"Eric," my love said and turned off her flames until it was just her and I in the rain. "Eric..."

I picked her up and headed back to our burnt down house.

~

Dain's P.O.V.

I got soaked from the rain as I was spying on Eric's property. All I wanted to do was see if I could gather any useful information against them. What I didn't expect was for the huge house to be burnt down.

"What the fuck happened here?" I asked myself.

I watched as the fireman were working until I saw Eric holding Violet and another tall man with dark hair come up the driveway. Within a second I hid behind a tree and strained my ears to listen to their conversation.

"How long has she been pregnant?" The dark haired man asked Eric. The look Eric gave back would have made anybody flinch in fear.

"Quiet wolf," Eric snapped.

The dark haired man growled before asking, "What now?"

Eric looked around as he protectively held Violet in his arms. "Follow me." And with that they were gone.

~

I burst through Darius's front doors of his mansion. The lights were on and ten guards came to attack until they saw it was me.

"Where is he?" I asked and one of them pointed towards the library.

When I opened the doors to his library Darius was standing in front of the fire. He was staring so intently at the flames.

"She's pregnant," I stated.

Darius didn't even turn around.

"Did you hear me?" I asked immpatiently.

"I know."

I walked up to the King and gave him a 'what the fuck' look.

Darius turned and faced me. "I know she is with child. All we need to do now is weight nine months. Then I will have my son."

"You want us to wait?! Take her now! Throw her in the fucking dungeon until she has the damn thing! I don't-"

Before I could say another word Darius had me by the throat against the wall.

"If you so much as harm one hair on the demigod's head-" Darius's voice was menacing as I struggled to get out of his grasp. "I. Will. Kill. You."

Without another word he flung me across the room and went back to staring at the fire. "I will have my son."

~

Violet's P.O.V.

I was in Alcide's truck with him and Eric while we drove in the rain to an unknown destination.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We're almost there." Was all Eric said.

I took that as a sign to not ask any further questions.

We ended up driving through a tunnel of trees and then for an hour more down a dirt road until we came upon a huge stone mansion.

Wow.

Alcide drove up to the roundabout driveway and parked.

"This is the place, huh?" Alcide asked.

"Yes," Eric replied and helped me out of the truck.

"Nice. Though I shouldn't be surprised."

"Eric who owns this place?" I asked as we made our way to the ginormous wooden door. It must have been ten feet tall.

"I do, my love. Nobody knows that I own it besides Pam," Eric replied and led me inside. He flipped on the lights and I gasped.

The architecture was incredible. The floors were a dark hardwood and the walls looked like they stepped out of some Tudor castle.

"Wow," I breathed and stepped further in to the house.

"I don't think I need to tell you but-"

"I know. You'll kill me if I tell anybody about this place," Alcide said nonchalantly and rolled his eyes before coming over to me. "If you need anything, just call me."

I nodded and gave him a quick hug before he left.

I walked over to the window on my right and just stared at the rain hammering down. A wave of nausea hit me and I grabbed my stomach.

Eric came up behind me and I shivered. I could see his reflection in the window. He looked nervous and placed his hands around me to cradle my stomach.

"We're going to have a baby," He whispered.

"I'm still scared," I breathed.

"We'll figure it out. One day at a time."