Chapter 1: Thirst be Quenched

This is the sequel to Crowning Soul.

Thank you so much for your support! : )

The crown of her head lead her body through the blue as she propelled herself forward. Amaya's arms were extended above her head, shoulder width apart. Her thumbs lead her hands into the water. Her arms streamed towards her body, with her palms facing outwards. The butterfly was her favourite swimming technique.

Amaya Koizumi was currently in her University's swimming pool. She and a few of her friends would do a relay—although leisure for them—for Amaya it was more than that. She wanted to be a competitive swimmer and that meant she had to hone her skill. In the swimming club Amaya had won a few medals. She'd been in second place most of the time, but it never quashed her determination. She'd done so well that she'd earned the nickname blue butterfly.

Just as life needed water, water was life to her. Amaya wanted to feel it on her skin and let it be one with her as if it could speak to her soul.

Her head surfaced one last time as she reached the finish line. She took in a breath and pulled her black goggles off. Amaya had come in second place once again. Claps echoed as people cheered and then the sounds tapered off into different tempos of voices.

"Good job..blue buterfly." One of her friends Saki, patted her back as she rested her arm on one of the ropes.

"Thanks Saki." Amaya smiled as she pulled herself out of the water and grabbed the towel her friend handed to her and dried herself. Three more of her friends joined in to congratulate her. She pulled her yellow cap off, revealing her medium auburn hair. She wasn't at all disappointed of her placing.

The sun had set when Amaya left the University and headed to catch the train. Togenkyo was one of Japan's most scenic cities. With mountains in the east and a mesmerizing ocean to the west, Amaya believed she lived on an island.

Amaya conversed with Saki and three of her other friends as they made their way to the station. Once there, they took the most vibrant transportation in her city. The turquoise train was embroidered in silver. It looked whimsical and so magical with the sakura trees bowing over it and the pink blossoms caressing the train as it rumbled off on the tracks. At night, Amaya sometimes imagined the blossoms would glow whenever the lights shone over them.

"Amaya, we should go to karaoke next weekend." Saki nudged her as they made there way to the sidewalk.

"Yeah, we should." Amaya played with her thick ponytail in contemplation. She always liked having it hanging over her left shoulder. She wore a long maroon top. Her knee high black skirt fluttered from the breeze. Amaya was always soft spoken, but with those close to her, her voice had the vibrancy of a windchime.

"I have to head this way. See you later Mei!" Saki waved to her as she turned a corner. Her house was just two blocks from here.

Amaya waved to the group and turned to the street. Tama said he'd meet me here. Amaya turned her head to different directions. Her eyes darted around. Most of the time he was early when he'd meet her after school. So how come now he wasn't here?

After a minute or two she stood and clutched her cell phone in her hands. Fingers ready to dial his number if he took longer.

"Am I late?" A voice called from behind her.

"Tama... Hmm." Amaya walked up to him. The boy was Tamaki Inoue, her fiancée.

"Mei. Gomen. Sorry." He shrugged and an apologetic smile pulled up his lips. "I had to get something on the way, that's why I'm late. Mei, you're always so sweet to me. I hope I deserve it." He smiled at her. The edges of his diamond brown eyes crinkled. He was taller than her with a prominent jaw line.