Ch.4: Broken Heart Again

Lauren POV

Once again, I was at school, in math class, bored. Yeah, I'm good at those numbers, but it's really distracting to have a person behind me kicking my chair all the time for no reason.

For some reason, they haven't kicked me today. Maybe Zelo finally won't bother me anymore? He hasn't said a word today, which actually made my day. Well, I've received like 20 insults from other people but not from him, that's shocking.

When the bell rang, kids immediately got up and started going home since it was the last class of the day. It was tiring, but I'm so happy Junhong finally left me alone. While I still packed my stuff, it was just me and him, which he seemed to be packing his things as well. As I was about to walk away, he stopped me.

"Lauren.." He called.

"Yeah?" I said, turning around to face him. He got out and heart-shaped box and held it out to me. My heart thumped, yet filled with confusion.

"Wh-what's this all about?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry to have been your bully, I hope you forgive me~" he said, looking down at the floor while he held his hands out with the box in his hands. I hesitantly took it from him.

"Thank .. you?" I said unsurely. He walked off, leaving me alone in the classroom. I couldn't help but smile.

Maybe he likes me now?!

I looked at the pretty box in my hands. I guess I got my early Valentine's present, eh? This has got to be the best day ever.

The box seemed a little heavy, it must have lots of chocolate inside it. Maybe something else like a necklace?

My curiosity is just killing me.

I began untying the ribbon that held the lid onto the box, and I slowly opened it.

Right when the lid was just a centimeter open, something jumped out, causing me to scream at the top of my lungs.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHH MYYYYYY GODDDD SAVE MEEEE!" I hollered out, staring at the huge toad on the floor in horror.

It gave an ugly croak and its slimy
ugly looking self hopped onto my legs, which only had white socks to cover them. I freaked out, squirming my whole body and jumping everywhere as the toad made a loud plop as it fell back to the floor. My white socks were now covered in filthy dirt and who-knows-what on it.

"LAUREN!" I heard someone holler. Daehyun came into the classroom out of no where, seeing my situation. I jumped on Daehyun as he held me in his arms, seriously. He was carrying me bridal style as I looked at the monster in horror.

"Sit on the desk," he said as he slowly set me on the desk where I thought the toad wouldn't reach me. Right when he was literally about to jump on me again, Daehyun grabbed him with his bare hands.

"There, there. Let's get you free," Daehyun said as he opened the classroom's window and set the toad back outside. He then turned to look at me.

"Why are you here? I was waiting for you to come outside," he told me.

"Well, it's that someone gave me a present and I was so happy and curious, I wanted to open it now.." I said sorrily. I felt like my heart literally tore itself into tiny bits. This was all a prank.

"Don't tell me it was Zelo.." He said. I slowly nodded, letting a tear out. I'm so stupid, I really am.

One day he bullies me, another day he's being nice?