When she opened the giant front doors, she saw Sting and gave him a brofist.

Cana was more like ‘one of the boys’. So she got along pretty well with all the men in the whole family. In fact, she and Sting went out to the club with the others years ago. She even went drunk that time and the boys had to keep an eye on her, Gray and Laxus were there as well. When one of the spectators started to hit on her, a brawl actually happened. Natsu found out about it, he wasn’t happy. They all got a piece of good scolding from him but it was okay. They had fun. Well, she had fun.

“Yo, what brings you here?” Cana grinned at him.

Sting was mainly there for the reason of seeing Lucy again. He couldn’t help it, he was falling in love with her.

“Just visiting. Hurry up and take me to where everyone is, slave,” he said in a bossy tone.

“Shut up, playboy,” Cana punched him on the chest before turning around, “follow the leader!”

.

.

“Well look who’s here,” Mirajane smiled as Cana and Sting entered the room. Lucy followed her gaze.

“Good to see ya again mate”

Sting shifted his head to everyone in the room.

“Good to see you too, Bickslow,” he replied.

“Hey let’s get out again sometime!”

“Yeah, sometime, Elfman,” he smiled at them.

Finally, the two of them reached the bar counter.

“What can I get for you, Sting?” Mirajane said, holding a wineglass.

“Anything will do, Mira” he answered.

Then his gaze went to the blond who was drinking a punch, sitting beside him. Her hair shining like a ray of sunshine as it hung loose and draped on her white sundress.

“Hey, Lucy” he didn’t realize he talked to her until he already said it.

She looked at him and gave him a smile.

“Hello.”

“So, I’m sorry about calling you Rakheid’s girlfriend a few days ago. I mean, it was a…joke,” he tried to explain.

She laughed. And man, he loved it.

“I know.” Lucy said. Clearly thinking that it was indeed a joke, but no, it originally wasn’t.

Sting sighed and chuckled.

“I thought I offended you or something.”

“No, no. Not at all,” she shook her head.

He continued to stare at her, forgetting Mirajane and Cana who were now looking at him. By just his face, the two women knew he had something going on in his mind.

Mirajane fake coughed, getting his attention.

“Here you go. Drink up.”

“Oh, y-yeah. Thanks Mira,” he took the wineglass from Mira and drank the liquid it to the bottom.

“Wow, you can drink” Lucy stared at the now empty glass on the counter.

“Of course he can,” Cana started with a smirk, “We used to roll in clubs and he can drink more than a barrel of beer.”

“That’s over exaggerating,” Sting rolled his eyes at her.

“Oh c’mon, admit it,” Cana laughed and turned to Lucy, “After that, he’d bring girls home with him.”

“Hey! It’s not like that anymore, I’ve changed,” Sting gave Cana a look. Something in him made him feel like Lucy shouldn’t know that he used to be a fuckboy.

“Sure,” she said sarcastically, “Playing like a good boy now huh?”

“I AM a good guy.” He argued.

“Nope”

“YES”

“Alright, okay,” Lucy giggled at the immaturity of the two as they argued, “both of you win. Let’s just pretend that didn’t happen.”

Mirajane just sighed at their childish argument.

“You should come by our restaurant sometime. That is if you have nothing to do,” Sting said, not looking at Lucy who was facing him.

“Yeah sure. I’ll ask Natsu about it,” she replied with a smile.

As soon as he heard his name, he remembered that she was already married. For a moment there, he thought Lucy belonged to no one. That was his cue.

“Right. So, I better get going now,” he said, a forced smile plastered on his face as he looked at her. But nobody seemed to notice this.

He didn’t tell Rogue about his visit to the Dragneels, or else he’d find it suspicious.

“Ok, let me accompany you to the door,” Lucy stood up and walked out of the room with him.

When they reached the entrance of the house, Sting stopped for a moment before he went to his car.

He faced her. Hesitating for a moment if he should do it or not.

“C-can I have your number? Just -you know – for emergency.” He said, handing her his iPhone.

“Yeah, sure,” Lucy answered and entered her number in his contacts. She didn’t think it was a big deal.

“And here, my number. Just in case you might need help or something,” Sting handed her his calling card. A faint blush crossed his cheeks and left immediately that Lucy didn’t get to see it.

“Okay,” she smiled at him.

He finally found the will to turn away and leave. He slid into his car’s driver’s seat and drove away.

When Lucy got back inside and into the lounge, Mira and Cana looked at her.

“What?” she wondered why.

“Don’t let your guard down, Lucy” Mirajane started.

“You be careful with him,” Cana smirked at her, “He’s a womanizer.”

Lucy just shrugged it off.

“Oh Cana, why do you always pick on him? He’s okay.” Lucy said.

.

.

OLD APARTMENT

A woman with long black hair, striking blue eyes filled with vengeance, stripped herself off of her clothes as she entered the small bathroom.

She stared at her reflection that looked back at her through the cracked mirror, then turned her gaze to the scissors she was holding.

Without the slightest hesitation, she cut her silky black hair up to her shoulders. Strands of what used to be a glorious bundle of silk hair dropped to the old wooden floor. Then she concealed her blue orbs that used to shine bright as the blue sky with orange contact lenses.

Now she stared at the mirror once again, looking at the different woman in front of her. Nothing was the same, ever since that day.

A man with pitch black hair bowed to her as she got out of the bathroom with only a white robe on.

He handed her a gun which she accepted.

“Should we dye your hair, My Lady?”

It had already been two months after the incident. After that day, she swore to finish the job for her dead husband.

“No. He used to tell me how he loved the black color of it…how it made me look like the goddess of the moon.” She answered, her eyes fixed on the gun.

“It’s just you and me now, Michaelis” she said as she turned to the man in front of her.

“Prepare yourself, Dragneel.”

The sound of her voice was as dark as the darkness that consumed her heart.