Chapter 6: Settling The Score

Date first published: May 22, 2017

Date edited: May 21, 2021

Date published: May 23, 2021

~~~

Day: Saturday

3rd Person POV

Saturday, the day of the soccer match: two in the afternoon... Boboiboy, Gopal, Yaya and Ying were at the classroom discussing their strategy for the upcoming game. The gang were settled at a corner while they brainstorm and share their ideas for the game.

"Okay...I'm the striker and you're the keeper." Boboiboy pointed at his best friend as he nodded. "Yaya, Ying...you guys are the full-back." Boboiboy pointed at the girls as Yaya reacted perplexed with anxiousness. 

"But...I don't know how to play!" Yaya rebutted.

"That's alright! Gopal and I are good at it! We'll carry the team to victory!" Boboiboy proudly states as he does a victorious pose with Gopal.

"You girls can be the goal posts then!" Gopal chuckled teasing the girls as Yaya got infuriated. She got her pen out writing Gopal's name and gave him a punishment. And as you knew it... Gopal started doing squats while holding his ears.

"Why did I even get a punishment!?" The boy complained as he obediently did what he was ordered.

Yaya giggled. "This is the punishment for annoying your friends!" She remarked confidently as Boboiboy chortled saying his catchphrase along.

Ying was lost in a trance as she was counting something with her fingers. "If we're going to play soccer...don't we need five people?" She asked bemused as Boboiboy gets astonished.

"Uh...that's the problem... I already asked everyone but no one wanted to play. They were more interested on watching the match..." Boboiboy replied as Gopal finished his punishment and approached Boboiboy.

He made a whispering gesture up to his best friend's ear and gave a smirk. "What about you know who? Have you asked her?" He teased as the boy turned red.

"Y/N? You didn't ask her yet!? She's a close friend of ours! She might feel left out if she found out you didn't even try to invite her to play!" Ying stated as the boys got staggered by the sudden response.

"Geez! Nosy much?" Gopal retorted as the girls rolled their eyes.

"You call that whispering? We could hear every word you said!" Yaya retorted as Boboiboy started to sweat nervously.

"Dang it Gopal..." Boboiboy whispered at his friend as the girls look at them with disbelief.

"Hey! If you guys are going to whisper at one another...make sure no one hears them!" Yaya advised.

"Yeah! We weren't being nosy, we just heard your so called "whispering"." Ying quoted with her fingers as Boboiboy started to get more anxious. The girls noticed the sudden change of demeanor of the boy as they get more observant.

"Judging by your reactions by her name and being called out..." Yaya paused as she faced Ying. The girls gasped in realization and held hands, inching closer to Boboiboy's face. "YOU LIKE-LIKE Y/N!?" They both squealed as the boy gets more flustered. His best friend couldn't help but laugh. Boboiboy glared at his best friend as Gopal rests his elbow on Boboiboy's shoulder, smoothly and calmly.

"Oh calm down Boboiboy. They would've known sooner or later. Girls are usually skilled at finding out on who likes who. It's just their natural superstition." Gopal says as the girls happily nod.