Chapter 5: Out of Hand Rivalry

Date first published: May 21, 2017

Date edited: May 15, 2021

Date published: May 16, 2021

~~~

Day: Friday

3rd Person POV

Friday: deadline of the Math project Papa Zola assigned you all to do. Lucky for you and the gang, you all passed before the deadline. Boboiboy and Gopal were already at school along with Iwan. It seems like the two are talking.

"Hey Gopal, may I ask you something?" Boboiboy asked his best friend who was sitting right in front of him.

"Nope! I have not ate breakfast yet! Why? Do you wanna treat me?" Gopal asked teasingly as his friend gave a look of annoyance, gripping on the table where he sat.

"That's not what I was about to ask."

"Then what?" His friend replied, complaining as he rubbed his belly. "I'm hungry!" Boboiboy dismissed Gopal's response as he focused on his question.

"Why are we both at the same class?"

"Hey! Is that a problem?"

"It's not that we can't! But aren't you a year older than me?"

Gopal sighed. "It's a very long story." He replied as he rested his cheek on his palm. Iwan, intrigued by Gopal's story, came closer to join in the conversation.

"Make it short then."

"My dad forgot all the documents needed for me to enroll to school. So when the teacher asked for the requirements, he said he'll just answer them since he has a "memory of an elephant". And unfortunately, my dad forgot when I was born so I was assigned in this class." Boboiboy chuckled and said his iconic catchphrase.

"It's alright though. There are some benefits. I'm with the same class as you!"

"Hey yeah! Wait..." Boboiboy paused and placed his fingers on his chin as a gesture of thinking. "But why is Ying at the same class? Isn't she a year younger?"

"Aw she's just really smart. She skipped a year."

"Oh, that makes sense." Boboiboy replied as the classroom door suddenly opened revealing a familiar face.

As Fang entered the room, the two exchanged glares at one another as if they were trying to petrify eachother. Fang walked by them as they continue to glare at one another. By their actions, the atmosphere became tense, causing Gopal and Iwan to tremble in fear.

Fang stopped his tracks as Boboiboy got off the table to glare at his rival once more. Gopal got impatient by the two and went closer.

"Hey? How long are you two going to glare at eachother?" Gopal said.

"I don't know about you but this is getting pretty tense!" You came out of the blue surprising everyone by your sudden appearance.

"Y/N! You can't just appear out of nowhere like that!" Gopal scolded as you gave a giggle.

"Why? Did I "interrupt" something?" You quoted with your fingers mockingly as the two rivals looked at you coldly.

"Oh..." You quietly mumbled understanding the glares...note to self: never get between those two when they are glaring at one another. You just watched quietly as their glares revert back to one another.

"Hmph. So this is what a coward looks like." Boboiboy simply said as Iwan gasped. You looked at Gopal hoping for an explanation as you were bewildered and perplexed by their odd behavior.