Chapter 4: Phantom Paranoia

Date first published: May 20, 2017

Date edited: April 19, 2021

Date published: May 9, 2021

~~~

Thursday

3rd Person POV

You walked in the classroom as you saw Gopal, Boboiboy, and Iwan chattering about something. All eyes were locked on you as you approached them.

"Good morning! What are you all chattering about?" You asked, as Gopal closed the door and every window, making sure the room was dim and private.

"Eh? What's his problem?" You asked as Boboiboy whispers: "He's about to tell a story about the haunt-"

"And what about you Y/N!?" He asked in front of your face, cutting your conversation with Boboiboy.

"Ummm...what about me?" Perplexed by his question, Gopal slammed his hands on the table. "What route did you take to come here!?"

"The one with the abandoned man-"

"I KNEW IT!" Gopal exclaimed interrupting your response. You scrunched your face in annoyance and decided to listen to him instead. "Don't you all know...that...THAT PLACE IS HAUNTED!?" He exclaimed dramatically, trying to spook you all out as Iwan trembled in fear. You and Boboiboy gave out an eye roll for Gopal being too paranoid. You both always go that route and nothing bad ever happens.

"It all happened three months ago! I was walking at that alley with my lollipop, happily skipping, not a care in the world and all that. When suddenly...an ominous black fog-like thing surrounded that mansion when I passed by it! I stopped my tracks and took a good look at my surroundings and saw..." He paused for extra dramatic points as Iwan trembled in suspense. "I SAW A HUGE RED-EYED MONSTER CHASING ME SO I RAN! IT WAS SO SCARY"

"How huge was it?" You asked as Gopal gestured with his hands on how big the creature was.

"Eh? That's just the size of a cat!" Boboiboy explained as Gopal pursued his story.

"But it had red eyes!"

"The cat could've had sore eyes." You added.

"No! That's what I thought too! But then...the creature kept chasing after me, and got bigger, and BIGGER!"

"Maybe the black cat was pregnant, that's why it got bigger."

"Pregnant? The last time I saw it it was this big-" He gestured, "-and now, it was this big!" he gestured once again making the space wider, causing Iwan to faint.

"Then which route do I take then?" Boboiboy asked as you gave a look of disbelief.

"Aw c'mon! You've got to be kidding, right?" You said as the boys looked at you astonished.

"Kidding? Do I look like I was kidding!?" Gopal shook you as Boboiboy calmed him down and stopped.

"All I'm interpreting is that only Gopal saw that creature, how can I believe him if I haven't seen it for myself? Boboiboy, we always walk at that route, have you notice anything peculiar?" You asked as he shook his head. "Exactly! You can't just cower at words with no solid accusations." Boboiboy suddenly re-thought his decision and agreed with you.

"What!? You believe a girl you've only known for a few months over your best friend!?" You face-palmed at the idiocracy.

"It's nothing like that at all Gopal, it's just that she has a point."