Chapter 7

Veronica was able to beg her mom to buy the tickets for the Faster Pussycat's concert. It seemed like everything was working out to her favor. Sam hadn't brought up his crush again-which made it easy to ignore that awkwardness, the day she flooded Kirby's car was the same night a huge storm came through, and in her hand she held her beloved tickets. The only bad thing was that Kirby would be around, so her mom couldn't come. Instead she got Star, Michael, Laddie, and Sam to go. The plan was to head over to Sam's house two hours before the concert to eat dinner, then they would all head over there. Even though Veronica knew better, she still hoped that David would be there to take her over to the concert on his bike.

She jumped into bed and had her mom tuck her in for the night. She shut her eyes and prayed that the weekend would come soon, and that her little "date" with David would be magical.

                                                                          ()()()()

Star slipped out of the house unnoticed. Michael was out running some errands for Lucy, Laddie was watching Peter Pan, and Sam was over at Tommy's house working on a school project. She quickly arrived at the opening to a familiar cave.

"About time you showed up," a husky growl came from within.

"I had to set Laddie up for the night. He was having problems picking out which movie he wanted." She smiled as she lightly walked into the cave. There, sitting in his wheelchair-turned-throne, was David. He was smoking a cigarette while simultaneously rolling a blunt.

"I'm going to that Faster Pussycat concert this weekend. You coming?" He said, releasing smoke as he spoke.

"Yeah, I'm going with Michael, though. Veronica invited us."

David snorted in reply. He held out the freshly rolled joint to her, but she refused it.

"You know I don't like smoking that stuff."

"I always thought you weren't a whore either." He mumbled.

"David, don't start," she huffed as she leaned her back against a wall behind him.

"You hurt me Star." He stood up, put out his cigarette, and threw the joint on a nearby table.

"I know, and I'm sorry David," she whispered. She felt a shiver go down her spine as he walked closer. "I really, really am."

He rapidly came up to her and grabbed her hair, pulling her head back. She let out a startled noise and her eyes grew wide with surprise. He grabbed her neck with his other hand and looked dangerously into her eyes.

"I should hurt you back, you know." He snarled, his face millimeters away from hers.

She began shaking and realized she had stopped breathing. "David, please," she whispered.

"Please what?" He hissed into her ear.

"I want you," she wrapped her legs around his waist. He shifted her skirt up and pressed her up against the wall harder as their lips crashed together.

Night of the concert.

"Now don't go running off on Star and Michael, and don't create any trouble."

"What trouble could a little innocent girl like me cause?" Veronica batted her eyelashes up at her mom.

"I overheard you talking to Sam about wanting to jump onstage to make out with the guitarist, Greg." Her mom gave her a flat look. "Maybe it's about time I gave you the talk."