Untitled Part 26

The cold wind blew through her thin clothing and made her shiver as the pale moon shone off the black waters. She felt nostalgic and remembered back to a time when Michael and her had sat out on the beach watching this moon with Laddie building a sand castle not too far away. Michael left for a few minutes and when he appeared again, he carried with him some cream puffs along with that special wine that vampires love so much.

Star sighed as she sat down in the cool sand. She could remember a time when she was loved. Throwing her head into her hands, she began to weep until she felt a hand gently rest upon her shoulder.

"You know, there is a way to fix all of this."

"Dwayne!" Star shot up, ready to take flight. "Please, I wasn't going to cause anymore problems. I just wanted to be home again. Don't tell Max I'm in the area. Please Dwayne."

"Relax Star, I wasn't planning on it. I know you've been a lot closer to home than just sitting on the beach, too. But I haven't told Max about that. Speaking of which, how have you been able to sneak in and out of the house without Michael catching you?"

"I don't know. Where is Michael, anyway? I've been keeping an eye out for him, but I haven't been able to spot him. Does he know I've stuck around?"

"No, I don't think so. He hasn't come out of the basement very much. Probably only a handful of times."

"How is Laddie doing? I haven't risked coming back lately to check on him. How about Veronica?"

"Laddie misses you like crazy and Veronica is still living with Max. She knows about us now."

"What do you mean? She knows we are vampires?" Star appeared shocked and worried.

"Yeah, she seemed to take it okay. I think she had a hunch about us all along."

Star nodded, but stayed silent. Dwayne walked past her to the edge of the waves and looked out over the water. Star came up next to him with a question burning in the back of her mind. Finally, when she couldn't handle it any longer she whispered, "What do you mean there's a way to fix all of this?"

"Michael still loves you. The guy has gone crazy without you there. If you get him on yur side again, he'll be able to convince Max to let you back into the family. But if you do get accepted back, it's going to take work on your part to stay away from David. You'll never be able to talk or look at him ever again. No matter how hard the temptation is. If you screw up one more time, I won't be surprised if Max ends up killing you."

"How am I supposed to avoid David? He's Max's son, Michael's step-brother, and he's going to be the best man at Max and Lucy's wedding! I want to go to their wedding."

"I don't think that's a good idea, Star. If you get accepted back before the wedding, then Michael will probably start a fight with David either during the ceremony or at the reception. Even the stupidest person in the world would know that wrecking a person's wedding is not going to end up well. Max may just snap and kill all three of you."

Star sighed. "Then when should I meet up with Michael? I want him back now."

"I'll leave that up to you. It's going to take a while for him to trust you."

"Can...can you bring him here tonight?"

"I don't think-"

"Please Dwayne, I'm begging you." She started to tear up. "I miss him and I'm sorry for screwing up everything. I just want him back! Please! Please Dwayne! Please!" She broke out sobbing and collapsed in the sand. Dwayne shifted awkwardly and released an irritated sigh.

"Dwayne! I want him back! Please! I'm stupid and worthless, I understand that. But I love him!"

Dwayne frowned. "Who's him?"

"Dwayne!"

"Say his name, Star. Who are you really crying about?"

She paused, then stuttered out an incoherent word. Dwayne raised an eyebrow.

"Who do you love? You had better figure out an answer to that question before you try to reconcile with Max."

He began to walk away, but Star reached out and grabbed onto his ankle. "Michael! I love Michael!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

He kicked her off without even a moment of guilt. "Star, you're losing it. I knew this was a mistake coming here. I thought maybe...never mind. Maybe it would be best if you left Santa Carla forever and joined a new group. You need to start fresh. Find someone else to love. Forget about David, he doesn't want you."

"But I love Michael!" She tried to stand up, but sank back to her knees. She hugged herself and started rocking back and forth repeating Michael's name in a choked whisper.

"Star, get over him. Get over this whole situation and just leave." He shook his head and walked off the beach, leaving her in a crying, crumpled ball.

☢ ♥‿♥ 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝒇𝓸𝓻 𝓻𝒆𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰! 𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝒇𝓸𝓻𝓰𝒆𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓿𝓸𝓽𝒆 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝒇𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝒇 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝒆𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂𝒆𝓭 𝓲𝓽 ♥‿♥ ☢