Chapter 11

Thank you to anyone who voted on my previous chapters!! I didn't realize how important those stars were...I'm new to (actively using) Wattpad. And I'm a dumb baby brain sometimes!

                                     ● Ɲσω Ɓαcк тσ тнє Sтσяу ●

"Where the heck are they?" Sam whined. Veronica and Sam stood in the middle of an empty street near the Boardwalk. They were facing a closed arcade with part of it's roof caving in.

Veronica blew a stray hair out of her face. Instead of her normal braided pigtails, she just did one long braid down her back. She always liked the way that style looked on her and she wanted to look special for Edgar. Not that she had a crush on him or anything, her heart was with David.

"Why couldn't we just meet them at their comic book store?" Veronica asked.

"They told me to wait for them in front of the old Zapper Center building."

Veronica kicked a broken piece of wood that was laying on the ground and grimaced when a pack of beetles scurried out from underneath it. "Whatever happened to this place, anyway?"

A deep, throaty voice answered her from the shadows. "I'm glad you asked."

They couldn't figure out where it was coming from, but Sam had the odd suspicion that it belonged to the Bandana Wearing Freak - aka Edgar.

There was some whispering and rustling sounds that sounded like a struggle. Veronica was about to ask if the voice was alright, but it cleared it's throat and continued, "About three years ago, and epic battle took place here between vampires and vampires with humans stuck in the middle."

"How come I've never heard of this before?" Veronica questioned with a hint of boredom.

"Shush," the voice demanded. "There were six vampires that were hunting around these parts, but the head honcho vamp of Santa Carla didn't like them on his turf. So, he sent his four minions after them."

Veronica interrupted the voice again. "How were four vampires supposed to defend their land from six?"

"These four were bad ass mothers that have been around a lot longer than the six newbies. Well, they were newbies in the vampire world. To us humans, they were as old as time itself."

A different mysterious voice scolded the other. "Stop being dramatic! They were only vampires for twenty years!"

"Hey! Whose story is this? Anyway," the original voice continued, "the newbies were bad at hiding their kills, but good at hiding themselves. The four couldn't find them for the longest time."

"It was only about two weeks." The second voice added.

The first voice changed pitch and became whiney. "Dude, shut up! Let me tell it before I beat you over the head. Why did you have to come out so annoying?"

"Why did you have to come out so weird?" The second voice responded.

Sam interfered before a fight broke out. "Guys? Finish the story, please."

The first voice went on. "Two weeks it took them to hunt down the six newbies. They found them living in the crawl space of this here building. Now, as you may or may not know - and if you're a girly girl I wouldn't expect this knowledge to be known to you - arcades are open during the day for the younger kids and nighttime is when the teenagers and adults come to hang out. This arcade in particular, though, had a nice collection of drug dealers that would hang out in the alley behind it. This arcade ran all through the night because of that. Now this was a problem to the four, because the newbies wouldn't come out of the building. Believe it or not, there are some smart vampires out there. The four knew they couldn't just barge in and kill them or else panic and confusion would break out among the humans."

"Can you speed things up a bit?" Sam stifled a yawn. He had heard this story around five times already.

"Fine! Basically what happened was the six threw some disgusting comments about the four and their mothers and that made one of the four flip out. That's call him Saul to make things easier. The leader of the four...Daniel, tried to restrain Saul. He even had the strongest of the group, named Wayne, help out but Saul wasn't having any of this. He got his buddy..." The voice trailed off trying to think of a name.

"Polo?" The second voice suggested.

"Yes! Polo! So Saul and Polo got together and snuck in to try and get them to come outside to fight. The six had a giant ego and decided to hide among the crowd that was in the arcade thinking that was going to keep them safe. Daniel was ticked and decided to do something rash. He tried to get all the humans out of the arcade before the fight began by tricking the fire alarm. Unfortunately, by the time it started, the six started fighting with the four. Some people were able to get out without seeing anything, but the others who did see stuff had to be murdered. The four eventually defeated the six and the last thing they had to do was cover up their tracks. So, going with David's plan, they lit the place on fire and left the human bodies there to burn with the building."

Veronica's face scrunched up in confusion. "David?"

"Uhh, Daniel," the first voice corrected itself.

Veronica grew defensive. "No, you said David. What are you telling me? That the guys are these vampires in the story?"

Sam groaned. "You guys suck when it comes to making up names. I mean come on, Wayne for Dwayne? Really?"

"Hush children!" The first voice commanded. "The wise men are done for tonight. We want you to digest that story, little dull and oblivious Veronica. Think about who you really want as friends."

Veronica's face became red with anger and embarrassment and she began to regret putting time into how she looked for this meeting. She tried to think of an insult to say back. "Edgar, you're...stupid."

There was a moment of silence before Edgar yelled, "Attack!" along with a war cry. Suddenly, both Sam and Veronica were soaked to the bone from an enormous amount of water balloons being launched at them from inside the arcade.

"This is what you get for messing with the Frog Brothers!" Edgar yelled.

"Sam! Make it stop!" Veronica screamed. It was of no use though, the Frog Brothers were excellent planners and had Sam and Veronica cornered. Veronica shut her eyes and turned her back so that the balloons wouldn't break her glasses. She felt the balloons pause their attack, but could still hear them breaking against something. She looked up and saw Sam shielding her with a metal garbage can lid as he took the brunt of the hits.

"Take this," Sam handed her a sack of something he pulled from the garbage can. "You have to aim it at them, I can't see squat!" As soon as he said this, a balloon hit him in the face.

"Veronica nodded and took the plastic bag. It was tinted red, but she was still able to see through to it's contents. It was full of dog crap. She got a wicked grin across her face as she turned around and peeked out from behind her shield. She could see something sticking out from behind a charred wall inside the arcade. Something that looked suspiciously like the end of a bandana.

She undid the bag and gagged at the smell. She wanted to make sure the poop would directly land on her target.

"Bombs away!" She yelled and threw the bag.

The balloon attack instantly stopped. "Holy dog shit," Alan gawked as he stared at his brother Alan began snorting with laughter. "Can that girl aim or what?"

Sam took down the makeshift shield so they could get a better look at Veronica's retaliation. Veronica gasped in amazement at what she had done. Right in the middle, on top of Edgar's head, was a splattered pile of brown mush with flies beginning to form.

"Whoa," was Sam's only comment.

"Ew," was Edgar's.

"Oops," was Veronica's.

But for Alan, he turned and faced Veronica with a smile. "I like you! We should really add you to our group!"

☢ ♥‿♥ 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝒇𝓸𝓻 𝓻𝒆𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰! 𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝒇𝓸𝓻𝓰𝒆𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓿𝓸𝓽𝒆 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝒇𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝒇 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝒆𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂𝒆𝓭 𝓲𝓽 ♥‿♥ ☢