Chapter 10

On his way home, Michael decided to stop by the cave to see if the Boys knew where Star was. "Hey David," Michael called as he jumped down into the cave. "Where is everyone?"

David looked up from a tube of metal he was working on- most likely a piece from his bike- and gave a half smile to him. "Marko's still with Veronica, Max has Dwayne doing an errand in the next town over, and Paul...I honestly don't know where Paul is. I don't bother to keep track of him anymore."

"How about Star?"

At this question, David slowly put the tube down. "How would I know Michael, she's your bitch. I was thinking you'd keep her on a tight leash."

Michael's voice grew louder and quicker. "I'm not like that David. It's just that she quit work without telling me and I don't know where the hell she's been for the past week."

"Oh, you guys having a little tiff? You know, Star isn't the most trustworthy girl. She's probably off screwing some new guy." David gave a dry laugh. "Watch him be a werewolf or something."

"Yeah, well that's about all she deserves."

"Hey now, I dated a werewolf once and she wasn't that bad. Though she did lick my face a few times and that was pretty weird."

Michael ignored David's attempt at humor and sat down in the overstuffed chair next to him. He told David how Alexis mentioned the new strip club.

David had a hint of humor in his eyes at Michael's information. "If you like, I could send Paul over there and check it out for you."

"Maybe that would be best. If I saw her on stage I would probably lose it in front of all those people."

"Now that wouldn't be good." David walked to the small cooler on the other side of the cave and brought back two beers. While Michael was distracted with opening his bottle, David smiled at the thought of how well his plan was falling into place.

It was almost sunrise when Michael was done having some "brotherly bonding time" with David and left to go back home and wait for Star. David released a throaty laugh as he sat down on the bed in the corner.

"You can come out now," he growled.

"I feel absolutely terrible." Star emerged from the depths of the cave with a frown on her face. "He thinks I'm working as a stripper!"

"Would you rather him think that, or know the truth?"

She thought about it before shaking her head. "I have to go home. I'm going to have to explain this all to him."

"No!" David shot up off the bed and pinned her against a wall. "You will not ruin this for me. I'll tell him when the time's right."

Star couldn't speak until he had loosened his hand that was over her throat. "What are you talking about?"

"I can't tell you Star, because you're a part of it."

"David?

"Don't you know that family comes before sluts." His face contorted and his eyes turned orange as he tightened his grip again.

                                                                                                  ()()()()

To Veronica's despair, none of the Boys showed up that night. Sam could tell that her mind was elsewhere as they played a violent game of Monopoly-Sam and Michael had invented new rules that involved the Mafia and blood money- but he decided to keep his questions to himself since he knew what she was thinking. He was content with the thought that soon her weird obsession with the Boys would be over once the Frog Brothers told her how vampires really were. Then she could focus on him- or Edgar. Sure, he would be sad if she chose that macho freak over him, but at least she wouldn't be a bloodsucker.

"Sam!" Veronica yelled to get his attention. "I will be right back, my mom is leaving, I have to tell her goodbye."

"Yeah, yeah" he waved her off, embarrassed that she caught him lost in his thoughts.

Veronica ran downstairs and hugged her mom good night. Lucy was back in the kitchen getting out ingredients for some cookies when her mom whispered in her ear.

"You really should introduce me to the rest of Michael's friends. That Marko guy is a real hunk!" She winked, laughed at her daughter's horrified expression, and then headed home.

Veronica was too busy mentally throwing up to remember to ask Lucy why she was making cookies at ten o'clock at night. Instead, she plodded up the stairs like a zombie and collapsed on the floor of Sam's bedroom.

"What's the matter?" Sam had been lying on his side, but straightened up into a cross-legged position. "Did your mom tell you some bad news?"

"She...she...she...oh Sam!" Veronica wailed and threw her arm up to her forehead. "She's got the hots for Marko!"

"Holy balls of fury, that is disgusting!" Sam shrieked back with an equal amount of horror. It suddenly dawned on him on how important all this really was. It wouldn't take much for Marko to pick up on that crush, and if he did then Veronica's mom would most certainly go "missing". He felt the need to tell his brother right away, but unfortunately Michael was not home. It would have to wait until morning, even though Michael was a bear to try to wake up. This meeting with the Frog Brothers couldn't come soon enough.

They finally finished their game with Veronica winning by having one of her hit men hunt down Sam's family and killing them all so she could steal his fortune. The smell of freshly baked cookies floated up into the room and they both wandered downstairs for a late night snack.

☢ ♥‿♥ 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝒇𝓸𝓻 𝓻𝒆𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰! 𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝒇𝓸𝓻𝓰𝒆𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓿𝓸𝓽𝒆 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝒇𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝒇 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝒆𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂𝒆𝓭 𝓲𝓽 ♥‿♥ ☢