"Oooh la la, what's this? You're sticking up for the weird girl? Could this be...is this...oh my Judas Priest you're in love!" Tommy screeched. He fell to the ground, clutched his heart, and rolled over letting his legs stand straight up in the air.

"And he calls me a weirdo?" Veronica mumbled loud enough just so Sam could hear. This brought a smile to his lips.

"You look like an overdramatic cow. Would you get up? The bus is here," Sam said to Tommy. Tommy reached out a hand and Sam helped him up.

                                                                ()()()()

There was a half hour before sunrise, just enough time for Star to get dressed and head home. David was asleep on the bed, his back facing her. The others were still out so she had to hurry.

"Mother of pearl!" She whispered as she stubbed her toe against a cluttered side table. David stirred in his sleep, but didn't wake up. She quickly threw on her shirt and shorts and headed out of the cave's opening. She flew home and snuck in through the back door that lead into the kitchen. She let out a little yelp of surprise when Michael flipped on the lights and leaned against the wall.

"Where have you been? Work called asking if you were feeling okay. Apparently you haven't been in for the past two days."

Star stood there with her mouth hung open trying to come up with a reasonable excuse. "I've been out."

"Doing what?" He raised an eyebrow.

"It's kind of a secret."

"And you don't trust me with your secrets anymore?''

"No I do! It's just that if word gets out I might lose my job."

"Oh? Care to explain yourself?" He tilted his head to the side with an unsure look upon his face.

"I've been out job hunting. I like my job now, it's just that I'm hoping to find one with a little better pay. And it's not like I can just go out and hunt during the day."

"Oh," his anger subsided and he stood up straight. "Why didn't you just call in sick for work?"

"I don't know, I guess I just didn't think about that. I'm going to go jump in the shower; care to join me?"

"Is that a hint that I'm beginning to stink?" He teased.

"Well I wasn't going to say anything directly..."

                                                                ()()()()

"Can I Mom? Can I? Pleeeease?" Veronica begged. It was finally the first weekend of summer and she was getting antsy to spend the night over at Sam's house. Maybe, just maybe, David would make a second appearance.

"You still have another month of punishment to go, and I was including the week ends."

"I'll cut the lawn and put the dishes away before I head over there, then when I get back tomorrow I'll do whatever else needs to be done."

"Cut the lawn, do the dishes, and wash my car, then it'll be a deal."

"Deal!" Veronica squealed. She hurriedly ran to the garage and pulled out the lawn mower. She almost started sprinting when a thought struck her. If David really was a vampire, then she wouldn't see him until night had fallen. She ended up taking her time on the lawn so she didn't cut off a limb, then got the bucket and hose out for the pick-up. She was just beginning to suds up the truck, when a beat-up looking black Pontiac Firebird rolled into the drive way.

"Ah Veronica! Long time no see, huh? Since you're doing your Mom's car, why not tug the hose over here and do mine?" A shorter than average man with brown curly hair flashed her a bright white smile.

"Hi Kirby, I thought I heard you were back." She gave him a flat look and continued with the wash. The only things that had changed about him was that his beer belly had gone down a little, but some dandruff appeared in his hair. Or maybe those were just streaks of grey that were beginning to grow.

"Hi Honey!" Her mom stuck her head out the door. "I see you've re-met Veronica. Speaking of which, you won't mind washing Kirby's car too, would you?"

Veronica bit back a 'yes' and just smiled at her mom. "Not a problem." Now she was desperately wishing she had run with the lawn mower. Loosing a limb was better than having to do anything for Kirby.

When the cars were finished Veronica came in through the back door and quickly slipped upstairs to avoid running into Kirby or her mother. She packed her things and put them by the back door, then washed and dried the dishes while she listened to the mundane chat of her mom and Kirby.

"I'm going now!" She shouted to her mom when she finished and draped her bag over her shoulder. She was at the back door like a horse ready to start a race; the gun shot being her mom's 'okay'.

"Did you put away all the dishes?"

"Yes mom."

"And you cut both the front and back yard?"

"Yeah."

"And you washed both cars, correct?"

Veronica snorted, "Yup."

"Alright, be safe and don't harass Max or Lucy too much."

"I won't!" Veronica shouted as she ran to the sidewalk. When she passed by Kirby's car she let out a little chuckle. She washed his car alright. In fact, she even washed the inside. He should have known better than to leave his windows open.

☢ ♥‿♥ 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝒇𝓸𝓻 𝓻𝒆𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰! 𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝒇𝓸𝓻𝓰𝒆𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓿𝓸𝓽𝒆 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝒇𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝒇 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝒆𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂𝒆𝓭 𝓲𝓽 ♥‿♥ ☢