Drive (BasicallyIdoCaRtOoNz)

"Stop! This is the police!" the man behind Marcel shouted. That protest was a fucking bust, the only thing that the did was sit there and they literally sent a fucking swat team to clear them out. Fuck this place, Marcel thought as he vaulted over a bench looking back just in time to see the cop trip over it and fall flat on his face. 

He laughed at the man's lack of light foot before running straight into a hard body. He tried to push off and run the other way but the person held his arms and pulled him tight against their chest. They were strong so struggle, he soon realized, was futile and he looked up to see another cop and he sighed. 

"Heya pal," he said, quirking his eyebrows with a smile. The man cocked his head to the side. "What?" he asked annoyedly and Marcel clicked his tongue before bending his knees and launching straight up, the top of his head shoving the man's jaw closed and more than likely chipping a few teeth. 

"Never let your catch be able to look you in the eye!" he yelled as he ran. He could hear a few more feet chasing after him but then he heard it. The rumble of a motorcycle engine and he smiled vaulting over the wall and landing spryly with a smile as soon as he saw the man on his bike. 

He bolted towards it, the cops hot on his heels when he jumped over the bench and landed on the back seat of the bike. "Drive fucking drive!" Marcel screamed over the rumbling engine. The man stole a quick glance back and the cigaret fell from his mouth before he put the pedal to the metal. 

As soon as they pulled into the road they were dodging traffic, zipping past cars pushing past eighty-miles-per-hour. Marcel held tightly to the man's middle with his head ducked into his back. The sirens were easily heard over the buzzing engine of the sports bike and he looked up to see cars chasing after them. The other cars parting to the sides of the road.

Marcel looked ahead and to the back again and noticed they were now in the abandoned part of the city. Marcel nudged his shoulder and yelled his directions. "The building up ahead was an old car factory!" the man, who's name he still didn't know, nodded and took the sharp left into the factory.

Old car parts and chains were strung out on the ground and hanging from the ceiling and the man weaved through it all and Marcel watched the cruisers as they kept running into old car bodies and the transmissions unable to pull off such quick maneuvers made more than a few of them spin out until they crashed into the tin walls.

Marcel laughed at the idiots who obviously had no experience in high-speed chases. But he could spot the ones who did because they had already blocked off the exit and they had no choice but to stop, but the guy didn't seem to see them because he wasn't slowing down. "Hold on!" Marcel heard him yell and he gripped tighter and felt the jolt as they went up an incline and the weightless pit in his stomach as they soared through the air.

He yelled in joy and awe and grunted, nearly biting his tongue off, when they landed. He looked behind them to see the barricade of cops bewildered and it made him laugh even more.

--

They drove for a few hours, the sun was setting when they pulled up to a cabin near a lake. Marcel hopped off and the man took off his helmet and smiled at him and held out his hand. "Names Luke," he quips and Marcel smiles back and shakes his hand. "Marcel. That was some good driving," Marcel complements and Luke chuckles. "It's kinda my job actually," he says. Marcel raises an eyebrow in question. "You're a getaway driver?" 

Luke shrugs. "Street racer, actually... Today was my day off but as you can see," he gestured to the city where they could still hear the sirens. Marcel huffed a chuckle and looked around. "So, where are we?" he finally asks. "Uh... a safe house. My friends and I use it from time to time. Actually, a few of them should be here now." as soon as Luke said that, the door of the cabin flung open and a young boy ran out. "Daddy! Daddy!" the child squealed as he ran to them and jumped into Luke's waiting arms. "I saw you on the TV daddy, you were awesome!" Luke chuckled and pat his head. "Hey Fetch." 

Marcel tuned everything out for a bit. He was a bit caught off guard. A kid, street racers, lake view cabin, what the hell is this, Fast and Furious? Marcel was broke from his thoughts when someone tugged on his shirt. Marcel looked down to see the boy and he knelt down to his height. "Yeah?" he asked unsurely. "Are you daddy's new boyfriend?" - "Whitley Temperance Patterson!" Luke exclaimed and Marcel snorted before he started laughing. 

Woah Woah- wait! I really said that?

--

"Hell yeah, you did, and just as bluntly too. God, I was mortified," Luke sighed, spooning some noodles into baby Reese's mouth. Marcel chuckled wiping spaghetti sauce off her nose. "It wasn't that bad, and besides. It wasn't even two weeks later we hooked up, add five more years and here we are," Marcel explained.

"I still can't believe how blunt I was as a kid," Whitley mumbled and Luke scoffed. "Nothing's changed I can tell you that, still way blunt and even sassier as time goes on." Whitley's face went blank. "At least I didn't kidnap my boyfriend from the city." 

"Actually," Marcel quipped. "I was at a BLM protest. It was a peaceful rally but you that song and dance goes, they sent the swat teams. Anyway, after being caught and then getting free I heard your dad's motorcycle from around the block." Luke smiled. "So this crazy motherfucker vaults over the damn wall and hops onto the back of my bike and screams in my ear. DRIVE FUCKING DRIVE!"

--

Hello again! Break, what break I never said anything 'bout a break!