Inside The Outsider

Börja om från början

I opened my eyes and glanced over at the man, his expression was full of guiltiness. Surprisingly he retrieved the gun slowly and put it back under the counter," Linda, get them seated and serve em whatever they want." He blankly stated as went back into the kitchen. Everyone, including me was surprised that happened; i was sure i was gonna be a goner.

     Linda came from behind the counter and looked me up and down. Cheryl and Lisa came back to me and Clarice as we followed Linda to the table, it was close by Dallas' table. As we approached the table Cheryl and Lisa sat by the wall while me Clarice sat on the outside. As we got settled i noticed a jukebox,"Ooo they got a jukebox." I cheered to them," We dont have yall kind of music." Linda exclaimed with an attitude, still not gettin with the program," Yall dont have no Elvis? No Beatles?" I playfully questioned," No we have them." She reassured as she took our orders.

   When Linda went back to the kitchen, I got up and walked to the jukebox. I placed my quarter in and searched through the songs, suddenly i felt someone beside me. I glanced at the corner of my eye and rolled my eyes,"What are you doing?" "The question is, what are you doing? You don't know what you're looking for." Dallas stated. "I'm looking for Elvis..." I finally found the song I was looking for and pressed the button,"Found it." I swirled around and walked back to my table and sat down. Dallas stood at the jukebox for a quick second before turning and glancing at me, I glanced back and smirked. He quickly turned away and sat back down with his friends.

"Diana Robinson don't you ever do that again." Lisa exclaimed. I looked her direction and raised my eyebrow,"Do what?" "Have a gun pulled on you." "Yeah, next time you might run into the wrong person and they won't hesitate to shoot you." Cheryl budded in. I shrugged my shoulders," You gotta stand up for your right. Hell, they treat dogs better than us, and that's not fair." "But they're a whole different species." Lisa stated. "Exactly, we are the same species as white people and they treat us worse than any other species." Clarice explained.

We all stayed silent, just collecting all of our thoughts and emotions," Do you guys think things will ever change?" Lisa questioned, her face full of hopelessness. All of us glanced at each other, no hope in either of our eyes," In order for things to change, we have to stand up for what's right." I explained. They nodded their heads, right then our food came," Thank you Linda." The girl gave me a noticeable fake smile and stormed off. We all laughed and dug into our meal.

While me and my friends were eating and having a good time, I could feel someone's eyes on me. I glanced over at Dallas, and there he was again just gazin' at me. Suddenly his friends caught him gazing, asking who was he starin' at. He lied and told them he was lookin' at the waitress, Linda, but me and him knew he was lookin' at me. I don't know why, but he was, i just don't understand. "Ugh I have to go to the bathroom.' Lisa exclaimed." Ugh me too." Cheryl stated "Me three." Clarice finished. "So I have to be the one that stays behind and watch everything?" I asked sarcastically. They all nodded their head and got out of the booth.

     As they went to the restroom, I just sat there playing with my fingers. Suddenly Dallas and his friends got up from their table and walked by my table about to exit the diner. Dallas followed behind, he glanced at me and threw a folded napkin in my lap and followed his friends out the door.

     I quickly opened the napkin before the girls came back, the handwriting was awful but i still managed to read it," Meet me at the trail by the little park in the North side at 8." Before my friends came back, i stuffed the note into my bag and sat there casually. As I sat there, i couldn't help but think the worst of me going there. he could jump me or rape me, or not be there at all. I have no problem sneakin out, i've done plenty times before to go to parties but it's crazy. A white boy is actually acknowledgin me in a good way kinda. I erased my thoughts as my friends came back to the table.

It was 7:30, I did my usual sneaking out routine: blankets bundle up like my body, wig as my head. I unlocked my window, opened it and climbed out. I silently shut it and ran away from my house until it was out of distance. I walked cautiously to the trail, keeping my eye out for anyone.

    As i finally got to the trail, i traced the place with my eyes, not seeing a soul. I checked my watch, it was exactly 8 o' clock, as I stopped glancing at my watch, a pair of hands squeezed my arms," Boo!" I quickly jumped and spun around to the threat. My body relaxed until it tensed up again, i pushed Dallas away from me as I glared at him," You almost gave me a heart attack." He deviously laughed and smirked," Don't get your panties in a wad, I was just playing around."

  I rolled my eyes and shifted my weight to one leg with my hands on my hips," Is this what you brought me out here for? Huh? To play around, cause I don't have time for this, I could be in my bed right now asleep and warm." I started to walk away until he grabbed my arm and turned me back to him as he placed his hungry lips to mine. My eyes grew big, I tried to push him off me but he wasn't fazed by it. Suddenly I got this tingling sensation in my body, he released his lips from mine and gazed into my eyes. I don't know what came over me but i brought him back down to my lips as we kissed again.

I slightly pushed him away from me," I knew you wanted me. Diana Robinson." I looked at him surprised," How'd you know my name." He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly," I heard you and you're friends talking...Oh that reminds me." He turned his attention away from me and started diggin in his pockets, he finally pulled out a small bible. He handed it over to me, i was getting ready to take it until i pushed it back to him. He raised his eyebrow," You need it more than I do Dallas." He hesitantly put the bible back in his jacket pocket and grabbed a cigarette. He was about to light it until i grabbed his hand," Not around me." He brought the match back to the cigarette and I swatted his hand again," I'm serious, not around me." He glared at me for a quick second and put his cigarette away," You're lucky i like you." My eyes grew big again as i placed my hand on my heart," You like me?" He rolled his eyes and slightly turned his body away from me," I'm not saying it again." he muttered. I slightly smiled and held on to his arm comfortably. "Why do you like me anyways?" he glared down at me and turned back again," Does it matter?" I slightly loosened my grip from his arm feeling a bit rejected from his cold tone.

I cleared my throat," Guess not." I released my grip from his arm and put my hands in my jacket pocket. Being this close with a white guy is so intimidating that it's scary. It was quiet for awhile until Dallas spoke up," Why are you all quiet all of a sudden?" I glanced at him," Does it matter?" I asked sarcastically with his same tone from earlier. He glanced down at me with a smirk on his face and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close to his body," We're gonna get along just fine, doll."