Chapter Thirty-One: Love Through Strife

Zacznij od początku

Silvia was even more worried now...that Clark was hurt... poisoned...and he still flew out into space like that. It made her feel sick, or maybe that was the knowledge that she was up too high. Either way her stomach churned and threatened to trigger her upchuck reflex.

The blonde turned an ill-coloured pale just as Bruce marched back in and snatched the necklace from her. "H-Hey!" Silvia managed to say through the nausea. "That's mine!"

"Not anymore." Bruce growled. "You can't be trusted with it."

"What do you mean?"

"Lex somehow got a sample of that crystal. It's the reason Metallo knew exactly how to defeat Clark." Dick answered for Bruce who sauntered back out of the room without another word. "We know you didn't give it to him directly but it's safer if we keep it here for the time being."

Guilt sat not on her chest but inside her brain. What she had done she could not un-do. She could make amends in subtle ways, but it could never erase such a dire mistake.

Silvia gulped. She couldn't bring herself to feel the true weight of her regret while she was up so high. "I-I want to go home..."

Nightwing looked at her oddly. He'd never seen anyone look so terrified. "Sure, we can get Wonder Woman to fly you back dow-"

"NO!" Silvia shivered, clutching the covers in her fists and bringing them up to her chin. "I d-don't want to fly..."

Richard was instantly put on edge by her panic. He held his hands out in front of him, gesturing for her to calm down but it didn't seem to be working. "Alright, it's okay." He spoke in a tone that made it obvious that he had no talent in comforting people. "I'll go see what we can do."

Silvia nodded, knees bent up to her chest insecurely. She felt like the ground beneath her was about to shatter, and she'd go spiralling down to earth in a fiery grave. Any logical thought about her dying before that happened didn't register.

Not long after Richard left she could hear him reapproaching the room. Well, him and somebody else. The others footsteps were heavy, like metal being forced to constantly realign itself. The door opened and a glowing red eye was the first thing she saw.

"I was hoping I could avoid you while you're here..." Cyborg groaned in frustration.

Silvia would usually come up with some smart-ass comment but she was too scared to think straight. Her only response was a shrug, her shoulders trembling along with it.

Cyborg's mouth tightened. With most of him being robotic it was hard to tell what he was feeling. "What's the matter with her?"

"She wants to go back down to Earth." Richard answered, sitting on the bed and rubbing the girl's back.

"Good riddance. Why do you need me?"

"I think she's scared of heights. I'm not sure if getting Diana to take her would be a good idea. So, I was wondering-"

"You were wondering if I could teleport her back." Cyborg's tone found an edge to it. "The answer's no. I could make a lot better use of my time than helping some murderer."

Richard sighed. "If you don't get her back then you'll be stuck with her. I'm warning you, she's a handful."

"I won't be anywhere near her. None of this concerns me."