Get Over it, Tyler

Start from the beginning

"Is that Damon's?" he snarls.

"Not that it's any of your business, no," I lie through gritted, angry teeth.

"Then whose is it? That's definitely not yours!" he retorts.

"It's mine! I got it! It's my shirt Tyler! God, do you realize how territorial you are sounding right now?!"

I stalk off, away from Tyler. I must have looked really angry, because as I passed, people moved out of my way, leaving a path towards the front door. I couldn't stay in school knowing I could bump into Tyler at any moment. I decide to walk home to grab some clothes for my stay at the Salvatore house. When I enter, I listen for any sounds of movement to find the house empty. I make my way up to my room, grabbing a duffel bag and stuffing it with jeans, t-shirts, shorts for sleeping, and other essentials. When I finish, I leave, walking back to the Salvatore house.

It was a really quiet walk to the house. The trees rustled and the birds cawed. The fresh scent of leaves and dirt floated through the air. Maybe having heightened senses wasn't so bad. The breeze flowed through the winter air, causing me to shiver and make my scarf whip around. After a few more minutes of enjoying nature, I decide it was boring. I take my phone out and scroll through my contacts, my thumb hovering the number I haven't called since coming back to Mystic Falls.

"Hello?"

"Bash?" It felt good to hear his soothing voice. The richness and huskiness of it comforted me.

"Meghan? Is everything alright?"           
"Yeah," I lie. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well you're calling me for starters," he jokes with a small chuckle. I could imagine him smiling on the other end.

I chuckle as well. "Yeah. I just miss you."

"Little me? While you're at home with your family and friends? I feel honoured."

"Oh hush it, Sabastian. I missed you alright? Can't I miss my best friend and roommate?"

"Uh, ex-roommate. Remember? You ditched me for that fancy-ass villa in Tuscany."

"I allowed you to join," I defend. Just talking to him made me smile again.

"Right. You allowed me to join you and your two cats and puppy."

"Hey, Tessa, Harrison, and Holland loved you."

He hums, laughing slightly. "So what's actually going on?"

He knew me too well. "Fine, I'll fess up. I broke up with my bastard of a boyfriend."

"Wow. Let me guess...Tyler?"

I nod, even though he couldn't see me.

"Yeah. He accused me of cheating and having feelings for one of my other friends."

"Want me to bash his head in?"

I laugh. "No pun intended." A sigh escaped my lips. "But no, I don't think that would be wise, unless you want to mess with the whole football team."

"Ah, a jock. How retro of you."

I laugh again. "Yeah, I know. From Douglas Booth, Ansel Elgort, and Liam Hemsworth to a high school jock. What has happened to me?" I was only half joking.

"I know right? Oh, well, did you like this other friend he accused you of cheating with?"

I bite my lip. "Honestly, I do like him. A lot." Bash stays silent and I continue. "He's different, Bash. I know, I've said that a hundred times over, but he's so different. I've never met anyone like him."

"Seems like you really like him."

I nod. "Seems like it," I mutter. In the distance, a large brick house fades into view.

"So, onto a happier matter, what are you doing for your birthday?"

"You remember?" I question.

"Duh. I would never forget your birthday. So...what are you gonna do?"

I shrug, nearing the house. "I don't know. I'll probably just stay home. Only a few people actually remembered my birthday."

"What? No, you can't do nothing on your 18th birthday!"

I laugh once more while stepping onto the porch of the boarding house. I could hear Damon moving inside.

"Yeah, sorry love. You haven't met Mystic Falls me. She's not very fun, and honestly, I'm not too fond of her, myself."

Bash sighs. "If you aren't going to do something about it, I will."

Before I could say anything more, the line goes dead. With a smile on my lips, I shake my head and step inside the house, walking through the foyer before setting my stuff on the couch in the living room.

"Damon?"

In moments, Damon walks through the entrance of the living room, spotting me sitting on the couch.

"I thought you were at school."

I shake my head. "Tyler ruined that for me."

Damon plops down on the couch next to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Do you want me to kill him?"

Thinking of what Bash said on the phone, I let out a laugh. Damon looks at me with a questioning smirk on his lips.

"Oh, I was talking to Bash while walking over here. He said almost the same thing when I told him what Tyler did."

Damon's smirk shrinks. "Bash? Isn't he the one who's on your wall?"

Aww, is Damon jealous of me and Bash? I smile and place a hand on Damon's cheek.

"Are you jealous?" I tease with an eyebrow raised.

Damon scoffs. "No, I'm Damon Salvatore. I'm never jealous."

"Oh, so you wouldn't mind me going back to Tyler?" I joke, trying to make myself sound serious, but a little seductive.

Damon's face darkens and he grabs my face gently.

"You aren't going back to Tyler because you are with me."

I bite my lip, holding back from pushing forward and kissing him. Damon's eyes flicker down to my lips before going back up to my eyes. He does the work for me and pushes his lips against mine, lifting me by the waist and placing me on his lap, so I'm straddling him. It felt just as fiery as this morning, if anything, more. My hands tangle in his hair and his hands move along my sides, going in a pattern from my waist to my hips, down to my thighs, then back up and repeating the motion. After a few seconds, I pull away, gasping for breath. Damon looks down at his shirt that he was wearing and smirks.

"I like what you did."

I laugh. I don't think I've laughed as much since staying at the Salvatore's. It's relaxing and I feel happier.

"Thanks," I tell him, leaning in again.

At times like this, I wonder how I didn't fall for Damon sooner. Maybe I knew I loved him from the beginning, but I thought it was just friendly, since he was in love with Katherine.

At least I know that's not a problem anymore.

It's all just beginning.

~~~~

DEGHAN IS MY SHIP
ITS OFFICIAL
But i have plans so yeah
Ull see
Eventually
If i get to it
Im a lazy bastard
ANYWAY DANK YA
DAS IT
FIREEE
PLZ VOTE AND COMMENT
CUZ I BLESS U WITH GOOD JUJU SO SOMEONE WILL KISS U LIKE DEGHAN
ADIOS