​Chapter Fifty Five- Baduk 1

Start from the beginning

"Then there is the sword to consider. Wang Shin said I would wield it against the Shadow, but over time he has grown stronger, and I am no longer a heavenly being. The blood oath I used to create this weapon is also weaker." He glanced at Hye Yeon.

"I intend to renew the curse with the green deity, who was reborn as Sang Yoo Jin's niece. But the blood tie they share may not be strong enough."

He started pacing, looking round at the four of them...

"At the moment the gates are opened, I will temporarily bring you all back as humans and absorb most of your powers.

"When the Shadow enters Sang Yoo Jin, it will take some time before it engulfs him completely. There will be a slight window where you will be able to eliminate him, forcing the shadow to the surface.

"This will break his hold over the priest, Seong Su Min, and that troublesome barrier would be removed. Then I will face the Shadow with the sword." He stopped suddenly, facing them.

"That is the gamble. If the sword fails, or if we don't eliminate Sang Yoo Jin and the Shadow quickly enough, we will probably all die."

The deities all looked at each other, Tae Jun focusing on Da Yeong.

The silence settled around them like an uncomfortable blanket, as they allowed the weight of what he had said sink in.

Tae Jun broke the silence.

"So, we will become human, and you will possess our full powers. What is the plan after that?"

Chin Suh gave a straight answer.

"I don't have one."

Silence, then...

"What?! Aren't you supposed to be prepared for something like this?" Tae Jun had risen in anger.

"Yes, but Sang Yoo Jin would be extremely cautious."

"So what are we-?"

Chin Suh interrupted him.

"I realize why Wang Shin allowed you to be born as Jang Seung Jae's son. That clever mind of his, combined with your natural affinity for battle and strategy, combined with your knowledge and hatred of Sang Yoo Jin...

"I think you are supposed to plan this."

"Say something that makes sense." He looked round at the others, but they were slowly beginning to nod in approval.

"Tae Jun-ah. You've always been able to put yourself in Sang Yoo Jin's head. This might be why Jeonha told you to keep 'Blue bird' close." Chun Hwa said, full grin in place. "Think of it like a game of baduk..."

.

The Foggy Mountains...

The deities and Chin Suh all stood around Tae Jun, who had drawn a makeshift map of the Gwang Guk Palace.

"Chun Hwa-ah. Find out everything that has been happening around the nobles from your father. Focus on those who currently have Sang Yoo Jin's favour. They are most likely the ones involved in his plan."

"Ye."

"We will need help if we are going to break into the Palace as humans. Da Yeong-ah. Hye Yeon-ah. I need you to bring Min So Yeon and Lee Ju Won to the Black Mountain."

"Ye, Orabeoni." Da Yeong replied.

"Ye?" Hye Yeon had a wide smile on her face. She had brightened up at the thought of seeing Min So Yeon again. "But isn't Daegun closer to him? Wouldn't he follow you easily?"