Father

Daughter of Sheikh Abu hamza Al-Misri (May Allah Hasten his release)

I remember years ago, my father used to be around all the time, always playing with us, always teaching us, always trying to protect us from everything and anything that would harm us. We were everything for him, when I was born I was the first girl after many boys, he called me “princess”, his princess. Me and my sister were daddy’s little pets, he loves us all, but the girls were always special to my father. He would teach us Quran and Arabic, help us with our studies. In the summer holidays he would treat us by taking us to the famous ‘safari park’. It was and still is my favourite place, full of memories.

My father taught us to be helpful to others, love others for the sake of Allah and hate for the sake of Allah. He spoke to me a lot about diamonds and pearls how they’re so precious and expensive, he always said 'be a diamond not a stone.’ I saw how much he sacrificed for others sake and how he worked so hard for the ummah. I used to wake up at night when I’m scared, go downstairs to my father, sit next to him, usually he would be praying or reading or reciting, and I would feel so comfortable and safe until I fall asleep.

I was very young then however I always wanted to please my father, I used to make him Moroccan tea, (his favourite) it would always be missing something or even just tasting of hot water, however he would drink it all just for my sake. My dad lost his hands before I was born however I never felt like it made him struggle to do anything, he would pick me up and throw me up to the sky and back down, he would drive everywhere (manual) and help me write my homework. Some days He would come to pick me up from school I remember feeling so proud that my father “the famous man” picked me up from school.

We were growing, all of us, the boys were becoming men and us baby girls are becoming a little older, so our father came up with the idea to teach us self defence, we began, it was extremely fun, full of energy and passion, I was so excited for so many more lessons to come…. Little did I know this was the last time I see my father at home, the last time I hug my free father, the last time I see my father without hijab, the last time he sees my mothers face, the last time he comes to pick me up from school, the last time he tastes my water Moroccan tea and finally the last time of his freedom.

I was only 8 when they took him and now, 11 years later I still don’t have my hero, my role model and my father back. I still remember those precious days. From being able to see him everyday and talk to him whenever, to talking to him once every 4 to 5 weeks.

May Allah the almighty release him and bring him back to us safely, only Allah knows how much we need him here with us. May Allah grant him the highest ranks in jannah and reunite him with his loved ones, may those who were the reason for the oppression and injustice he’s going through get what they deserve on the day where no shadow will be apart from Allah shadow. And may justice be served for our amazing Shiekh, Abu hamza al misri.