Once we finish eating I pick up the plates, assuring Zayn I'd clean up. He tries to argue but I make the point that he had made the food so I would clean. He finally agrees to let me clean and disappears to his room.

After I finish cleaning up the dishes I slowly make my way back to his room. Granted it took me a while to find my way back to his bedroom but during my leisurely walk through the house I couldn't help but feel like I was still in a dream state.

We were a couple. Things were good between us. There was no more confusion, still some secrets and things we needed to figure out but we were moving forward. For once we were actually moving forward and it felt permanent.

I finally find Zayn's bedroom. Pausing at the door I watch him, he stands with his back to me. He's dressed in a white shirt and dark jeans and he's facing the window, his shoulders tense. I can tell from his tense back something has happened. I feel my stomach sink, of course... What now? What happened now? Did Blake call? Was it Erica?

"Zayn?" I walk towards Zayn who stares out his window. "Zayn?" I call again. He's focused on something outside the window, his body is tense and his fists clenched. I rest a hand on his back and his eyes snap to me. The look he gives me is filled with so much anger I take my hand off of him.

No, this wasn't going to happen. We were moving forward not backward. We weren't going to fight about whatever stupid thing he thought of while I was cleaning up the dishes. This wasn't going to happen.

"When were you going to tell me?" His voice is filled with venom and betrayal. I knit my eyebrows together at his question.

"Tell you what?" I laugh at his anger in confusion. He growls and walks to the desk, grabbing my phone and holding it up. "That I have a phone?" I ask with so much confusion. I was lost in his point he was trying to make.

"Don't play stupid Juliet, when you were going to tell me you were fucking talking to him again?" He asks, walking closer. My stomach sinks as I read the text on the front of my phone.

"It was nice to catch up with you Julie, thanks for agreeing to work things out. Hope to see you again, soon."

Matt... I didn't think it was necessary to tell Zayn - at the time. I knew I had to tell him that I had seen Matt and we were figuring things out but honestly last night Matt never crossed my mind. Zayn had asked me out and I was lost in the moment. I purse my lips and stare at the screen.

We weren't going to fight about Matt. There was nothing to fight about. Okay, there was but it wasn't anything that was going to interfere with Zayn and I. Matt and I were just trying to work towards being able to be around each other without the awkward tension.

"I-I... I didn't think you needed to know, we weren't together at the time." I explain quickly, I know I should have told him but last night was so great.

"Seriously Juliet?" He demands with anger. I know I messed up, I would have been severely pissed off if I found a text from Erica.

"I-"

"Did you forgive him?" He demands. I close my mouth surprised by his question. I expected him to continue being angry about me not telling him. Not ask the same question Sarah bombarded me with. I lick my lips and slowly shake my head.

"I... I didn't, we just... We just agreed to work through things right now. He's a part of my life Zayn. I grew up with him I-" I attempt to explain myself as his anger grows.

"He fucking cheated on you Juliet!" I jump at the raise in his tone.

"I know." I breathe quietly. "Everyone deserves second chances Zayn... you of all people know that." I had given him more than two chances since we've met - I knew that I would keep giving him those chances too. He stays quiet now, dropping my phone onto the bed and letting out a loud breath - releasing his anger.