t e n

third person:

She stood up from the kitchen table, grabbing her bag and taking a deep breath as she looked towards her parents, "I'm going to run to the store after school, do we need anything?"

Her mother shook her head, sipping on her coffee; her father did the same. "okay.. i'll see you both later."

Without another word, she grabbed the car keys and made her way out of the house, and quickly got in her car to go to school. School was over next week for summer, and she didn't have to go back but she needed to get out of that house- she needed to see Shawn.

7:52, the clock read as she pulled into the parking lot. she quickly parked and took a deep breath before getting out of the car and making her way past everyone as they looked at her. it's been three weeks since she's shown her face and they all knew why.

She locked eyes with her ex, Liam, "i am so sorry," he spoke quietly, pulling her into a hug.

"I know," she spoke, pulling away from his arms, "thank you."

She sent him a weak smile before making her way up the hall and into first period. Just as she thought, Shawn sat in his seat and locked eyes with her as she walked in, the note she wrote for him in hand as she placed her bag on her desk.

"Shawn," she walked over, and he stood up, "those letters..." she took a deep breath, "thank you."

He smiled, nodding and rubbing the back of his neck with his hand as she placed his letter onto his desk, "oh how the tables have turned... again," she slightly laughed, only seconds before he wrapped his arms tight around her and kissed her head.

"You don't need to thank me, i just wanted to make you as happy as i possibly could."

"You've done that, you always have."

He smiled, "and that's what i'll continue to do until the day i can't anymore."

"Okay," she nodded, "and i'll be your princess until the day i can't anymore."

----

"What are you doing?" Shawn asked, Juliet as she stood on the bleachers, looking out at the football field.

"My brother.. he was the star quarterback," she glanced over at him for a second, "i haven't been back here since his last game."

"Damn," Shawn shook his head, "i'm sorry."

"His friend shouldn't have been driving under the influence, they'd both still be here if he was a responsible individual but he wasn't, and now they're gone. It is not your fault, you don't have to be sorry, just.. do exactly what i told you to do in that letter i gave you this morning. you'll regret it if you don't."

-------------