Chapter Five

I haven't left my room in hours.
The once wet washcloth I held to my aching neck and cheek is lying next to me on the carpeted floor.
I screwed up.
This is all my fault. If I didn't go behind his back he wouldn't have hurt me.
I should never have spoken to Rhys. I should never have agreed to go to dinner with him.
It's all my fault.
My lungs are still tight as I sit up from where I'm lying in bed and walk into the bathroom.
My cheek is still red and is beginning to bruise. As is my throat.
I hear a knock on my bedroom door.
" Come in ", I say.
" Feyre are you alright after what happened ", I hear Lucien ask. He inhaled sharply as he takes me in.
" He was mad it's my fault ok ", I insist immediately defending him.
He looks as if he doesn't know what to say.
" Feyre if he ever does this to you again call me ", he says " Because even if he's mad he can't just snap like this "
" It's alright, it's all my fault "
" Why did you go out with Rhys "
" He seemed nice and I just ", I stutter "I don't know "
He looks me over once more.
" Where is he? ", I ask.
" I don't know ", he confesses
"Shit"
" Are you alright", he asks
"I'm fine"

Lucien keeps me company for the next few hours, until Ianthe comes.
The bitch walks in looking very pissed.
" Do you have any idea how upset Tamlin is ", she scowls
" I am sorry "
" That's not good enough and it's a publicity nightmare "
She doesn't mention anything about the bruises only merely looks at them with disdain.
" Where is he "
" At my mansion "
Of course he went to her. I can't deny the hurt I feel at that but like everything it's my fault.
" Can you please ask him to come home"
" No "
She watches me like a predator watching it's prey.
But she isn't a predator.
She's a snake.
" Bitch I am only going to say this one more time ask him to come home "
She merely raises an eyebrow.
" Just do it Ianthe ", Lucien mutters not being able to meet her gaze.
" Fine ", she sighs. I look between them and wonder what's going on.

An hour later Tamlin comes home.
" I love you ", I say
He just looks at me.
" Tam I am so sorry and know that I love you so much "
He still doesn't respond. I kiss him softly just wanting any response. He responds by kissing me back and lifting me up as he carries me into my bedroom.

I decide not to talk to him about it. That it's best to pretend it never happened.
Eventually I have the courage to open the message from Rhys. I got it not long after Tamlin left and I couldn't bring myself to open it.
I'm sorry Feyre
The last thing I wanted was to screw things up
Are you alright
I sit there for a while before deciding to respond.
I'm fine
Don't worry about it

Two weeks later things between Tamlin and I are still tense.
One afternoon I'm working on a photoshoot as a makeup artist when I see Mor.
" Feyre it's great to see you again ", she says hugging me
" Yeah you too "
" Are you alright after what happened Rhys was freaking out about it ", she confesses " He was so worried about you "
" Tell him it's fine "
" I'm not going to lie to him "
" Ok yeah Tamlin was mad naturally but things are better now ok "
" Keep telling yourself that "
" What do you want to hear Mor "
" I want you to be happy because you make Rhys happy so please come to their concert tonight "
" Go to a concert after what happened", I respond
" Yes ", she says
Tamlin actually said for me to go out with some friends tonight. That he's doing something at home and he wants to be alone.
Which is very strange.
" As long as I won't get photographed "
" Can't guarantee that but the chances of you being recognised are small "
" Then I'll come "

I go to Mors apartment after the shoot.
" So how do you want to look cute, boho, casual or sexy "
" Sexy "
She grins in response to that.
She helps me get ready.
" Wow these clothes are definitely sexy", I say running my hands down the skintight black mini dress.
" Good ", she grins " Now lets go "
We climb inside a red Ferrari.
" Well this is definitely subtle ", I comment.
" We travel in style "
We pull up behind the stadium. I can hear fans screaming.
" Don't worry we'll be in a VIP spot ", she reassures me.
We walk inside and she leads me backstage.
" Come on Rhys I dare you to do ", a male voice says
" No "
" Why not "
" Because I'm not a dickhead unlike you", Rhys responds
" He's right ", a different male voice responds.
" I brought a guest ", Mor announces as we walk in.
" So this is Feyre ", the male who was daring Rhys says
" Feyre this one here is Cassian and the other one is Azriel and of course you know Rhys "
" Well this is a surprise ", Rhys says
" I can go if you don't want me here"
" No stay ", he says quickly " I mean it's a surprise after what happened "
Everyone quickly leaves giving us privacy.
" Well we had a great time Rhys and it would be a shame if that never happened again ", I say
" I'm guessing he doesn't know your here "
" No ", I say " But he told me to go out with friends so I'm not wasting an opportunity "
" You know you can do whatever you want right "
" Yeah but I like to avoid arguments when it comes to Tamlin "
" Well Feyre you look really nice tonight". He says.
Mor made me sexy with just enough class to make it respectable.
" Thanks ", I say looking at him dressed casually but still so hot " So do you "
He smiles at me.
" I'm glad you came Feyre "
" Well Mor did insist "
" Rhys get your ass out there now ", I hear a woman yell with a strange accent.
" That would be my manager Amren she is a very close friend but rather terrifying so I better get out there I'll talk to you after ok "
" Ok ", I say.
He smiles at me as he leaves.

I watch the concert with Mor and Amren. Rhys wasn't exaggerating about Amren who strokes a Ruby hanging around her neck.
I learn Rhys is the lead singer who often plays guitar as well, Cassian plays the electric guitar and Azriel stays in the back playing drums.
They are all incredible.
Some of there music is amazing but other songs are just about sex and money.
" Their old manager Hybern he gave them an image a rock band obsessed with sex money they hated it well Rhys and Azriel did, Cassian does love sex and money, but by the time they left the image had stuck they've been trying to get away from that and play real music but the fans love their old stuff"
" Well I love their new music "
" So do I "
" How much do you know about Rhys", she asks
" Not that much "
" Well just know that if he likes you Feyre he really likes you he hasn't been with anyone since his ex who was a whore and a bitch, I know you're with Tamlin and that Rhys would never try to break you up but don't cut Rhys out please "
" I won't ", I promise

That night Rhys and I are talking and laughing backstage.
" So how did all this happen ", I ask
" Well we were in high school we are like brothers basically and one night we got a little drunk thanks to Cassian and decided to start a band, we didn't take it seriously but Cass did and well we started a band "
" So all this happened because you got drunk when you were sixteen "
" Seventeen ", he corrects " I would never dare do such a thing at sixteen "
We both erupt into laughter.
" What time is it ", I ask
" Eleven "
" I better head home ", I say
" Do you want a ride ", he asks
" I'll be right and I had lots of fun tonight ", I say
" So did I ", he says.
" Then we'll have to do this again "
" Yeah we will "

I take a taxi home covering up in a large coat.
It's quiet when I get home, he must be asleep.
I walk upstairs and start to get changed when I hear a feminine laugh come from Tamlins bedroom.
I go cold as I walk towards it.
I open the door and see Tamlin kissing a half naked Ianthe who is pulling a shirt on.
" You bastard ", I spit.
" Feyre I told you not to come home", he growls.
" This isn't my home not anymore "
I walk to my room to start packing my things.
" Get back here ", he bellows.
" No I am done with you Tamlin I put up with everything but sleeping with that whore I cannot forgive you for that"
He hits me hard pushing me against the wall. My head bangs against the wall and I unleash a cry of pain.
" Don't you dare leave me ", he growls.
That's when I finally wake up to reality.
To what this is.
" You're a monster "
Those three words would cost me greatly.
He hits me again and again in his anger. Until I'm curled in a ball and sobbing.
I flinch as he bends down next to me.
" I'm sorry Feyre but please don't leave me "
" I won't ", I whisper

Rhys
It's one thirty am when I get a call from Feyre.
" Hey ", I say
" Rhys I need your help "
I can hear quiet sobbing on the other end.
" Feyre darling what happened "
" Tamlin fucked Ianthe and when I tried to leave him he hurt me Rhys "
My heart stops at those words. At what I feared would happen to her that's now become real.
" Feyre where are you "
" In my room "
" Feyre I'll be there soon ok "
" Just get me out of this damn mansion"

This is unedited as I am very tired but I was determined to update. Anyways if you liked it remember to vote I'll be posting the next chapter soon.