If You Leave Your Brother Behind, It's Fine

Start from the beginning

~

TWO MONTHS LATER

~

A couple years ago, Michael and I made up a system that would tell you how the other was feeling just by how they were knocking.

One knock meant nothing, because a single knock is weird.

Two knocks meant, "Hi! It's just me coming over because I'm bored."

Three knocks meant, "We need to talk about something because I'm sad and/or angry."

Four knocks meant, "Holy fuck, shit went down, let me in now."

Five knocks meant, "I'm horny but I'm single. Help."

We almost never use the last one. We've each only used it once, but Michael accidentally did five knocks knocks instead of four. Me on the other hand...

~

Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock.

"Jeremy? Did you mean to hit the door five ti-"

The second Michael swung open the door, I stumbled though, my mind in a million different places. I was wearing a white shirt and sweatpants, but it had been pouring outside. And I had walked to Michael's house. So you could see through the shirt quite well.

"Michael!" I whined, leaning up against the wall. "My dick hurts,"

"Jere, you're wearing sweatpants. They can't be tight."

"No, I mean like, I haven't jacked off in days 'cause my dad is being super hover-y and shit."

Michael snorted. "Suck it,"

"I would if I could,"

"What?"

"What?"

We stared at each other blankly and without blinking. I read that if you stared at a person for more then five seconds without blinking, you either wanted to kill each other or fuck.

I hoped it was the ladder.

"I'm going to use your bathroom. If I'm not out in an hour, get worried." I stated, and left Michael in his living room, rather flustered.

~

Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock.

"Michael?" I open the door and he's timidly standing there. "Did you mean to knock five times?"

"Uh..." he glances down at his shoes and fidgets with the sleeves of his hoodie. "Yeah,"

"And you know that it means your horny,"

"Yep," he replies, popping the p.

"I could just like... I've got stuff on my comput-"

"I could get that at home."

"Then why would come over here?"