You Know You've Got No Brother, Not Gonna Have Your Back

AN- just a warning, this one is not pretty. It includes homophobia, transphobia, and extensive swearing/slurs. Sorry my dudes ;-; I saw somewhere that characters are like geodes. In order to see what they're really made of... you must break them.

~

I pace around my room. It feels like I'm being held down by some restraint, mentally and physically. It's just plain awful.

Isn't the upgrade supposed to make me be cool? I feel like shit.

Sit down. It's five thirty four in the morning, and you have school at eight.

Answer my question.

Everything will play out at school. Just wait a few more hours.

Fine.

I sit down on the edge of my bed, and put my head in my hands.

Why do I feel like something is dragging me down?

Someone.

What?

You want to get rid of this feeling, don't you?

Well yeah-

Then just wait until you get to school. Everything will be better at school.

Why don't you just tell me what's going to happen?

Because then you won't want to do it. It must happen in the moment.

That doesn't make any sense.

Did you put a super computer in your head just to tell it that it's wrong?

No, but-

Then obey.

~

I throw the high school doors open and the weight on my shoulders has not gotten any better.

Now what?

Just a moment.

Someone runs up from behind me and shoves me out of the way. I almost trip, but mange to catch myself.

"Hey! Watch where you're-" I look at him in disgust. "Michael," I spit.

He spins around, a smirk on his face. He intended to make me fall. Asshole.

"Jeremy,"

"Why'd you push me?"

"Why were you in my way?"

"Wow, clever reply," I deadpan.

He rolls his eyes. "Well maybe I just-"

Prepare for impact.

Wha-

Before I know what I'm doing, my hand, well, fist, is flying toward Michael's face. He has only a split second to react, taking the small time frame to close his eyes.