Then You Go Off Track and Stray Off Course

Start from the beginning

"I'm gonna break something!" Another shouts, and I can hear a dull shattering noise.

"Gimme a Jell-O shot!" A girl practically screams, and a shot glass filled with vodka infused Jell-O is thrown her way.

"Liver spots!" I make out someone say. I don't really want to know what happens next.

"Hey," a manicured nail taps me on the shoulder and I spin around.

"I was supposed to get you. Brooke has a surprise," Chloe says. She's dressed as a baby, bottle and all.

"What kind of surprise?" I counter back, not sure where this newfound confidence is coming from.

Me, you nitwit.

"The kind where you don't ask questions and follow me upstairs."

"O-okay,"

Stop stuttering. I will shock you.

I follow Chloe up the stairs and she leads me to a rather large bedroom. Maybe it's the master.

"Jake's parents' room. Don't worry. They're not using it~"

"You really know your way around," I say, scratching the back of my neck.

You look ridiculous doing that. Stop it.

"Yeah, I've had sex in pretty much every room in this house."

My eyes widen a little.

"Because I dated Jake! God, what kind of slut do you think I am?"

Chloe raises her baby bottle that goes with her costume and chugs it.

"Where's Brooke?"

"Oh my god, you are too freaking adorable!" Chloe exclaims, but then leans close to me and says in a drunk whisper, "Brooke's not coming~"

"She's not?" I ask, oblivious to her true intentions. "Then why-"

"Jeremy... do you wanna hang? Just for a bit... you could rock this baby fast asleep~"

"I-I have to go."

I try to move away.

I can't stand up. 

You're welcome.

"I don't know why she's so crazy about you. You're not that cute. No offense,"

"None taken. I should get back..."

"Y'know she's not all that innocent. That wounded puppy routine? It's how she gets all the guys. Acts all helpless so they want to protect her. Not that I care."

Realization hits me like a brick.

"You're jealous of Brooke!"

"Um- obviously I'm not."

"That's insane! Why would you be jealous if anyone? You're the hottest girl in school!"