You Know You've Got No Brother, Not Gonna Have Your Back

Start from the beginning

I snap the bridge of his glasses, and some of the glass cracks. I hear a crushing noise. I think his nose might be broken.

I... I didn't know I could do that...

You can't. But I can. Again.

I blink a few times as Michael stares back at me with hollow eyes, his hand clutched to his nose. A smirk forms on my face, and I bring my knee up to his stomach, causing him to double over. I elbow his now vulnerable neck, and watch as he falls to the floor. He tries to get back up, but I kick his side.

What did I just do...?

That feeling, that weight, it was Michael. He's holding you back. You have to get rid of what stands in your way, Jeremy.

Michael stands up quickly, and grabs my shirt, pinning me to a wall. He pulls back his fist, but hesitates.

"Aren't you gonna hit me?" I tease.

Where is this all coming from?

It's coming from you, Jeremy. Let out all your pent up anger now.

"Come on, man up. Hit me. Don't be a girl."

Oh, I see. Michael, or should I say Michelle, is one of those "trans" girls.

Michael grits his teeth and slides me up the wall so my feet don't touch the floor, but he still doesn't swing.

"Hit me, you pathetic faggot." I spit.

What am I doing?

In short, you're living the upgrade.

Suddenly, the upgrade seems a lot less appealing than before.

Michael's eyes glaze over, and he drops me.

Don't let your act fade away. Keep up the tough guy persona.

"That's what I thought."

I rub my collarbone where Michael's fingers touched me. He has a really tight grip for someone who doesn't work out. He scoffs and turns around to leave.

You mean she.

Michael's not a she.

Are you really defying me?

He's a boy...

Obey.

Michael, he-

OBEY.

Michelle is a girl.

Say it.

Say what?

Tell her she's a girl.

I can't-