Unexpected

• Dedicated to Samuel

Ginawa ko to nung baguhan palang ako sa wattpad. Dinelete ko kasi nga trip trip lang talaga namin to nung kaibigan. Sa kanya nanggaling yung Idea at isinulat ko lang. Sabi ko nga, trip trip lang namin to dati. Ginawa ko to last October 20, 2012 at wala akong binago kahit isang parte. Well, maliban sa title haha

 Unexpected

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't believe in everything you see. Everything is a mirage. You, me, everybody, literally everything; nothing in this wretched world is wholly truthful. I repeat. Nobody knows the whole truth. Sometimes we're lead to believe by our own misgivings; what we want to believe; what fear tells us to believe. And because fear affects our minds, we can't distinguish what's real and what's made up. And the only solution to this problem is to face this fear and think rationally.

This type of fear is caused by— o*e*    a**i*e    i*a*i*a*io*

------------------------------------------

"OMG, look at the time. I'm so sorry but I have to go now. That was a splendid party by the way. "

"You really don't need to apologize. It's already 2 o'clock in the morning and I'm sure your parents are screaming bloody hell. Wait, I have an idea. Why don't we tell them to let you stay here?"

"You're such a genius Queencee, I'm sure that they'll say yes."

"I know right! I'll just fetch my phone from my room. Stay here and be comfortable." Queencee said before running off.

Richalaine straightened her clothes and strolled through the vast garden situated inside her friend's immense courtyard. As she walked near the hedge serving as the estate's fence, she discovered an abandoned dirt path partially hidden by the brambles and thorns. Without losing a beat, Richalaine took the path. She brushed the thorns away with her soft hands, ignoring the cuts and bruises that were inflicted on her hand.

On the end of that narrow path lay an abandoned house. The aura around it was eerie, far from the comforting ambience brought by the luxuries inside Queencee's house.

The house looked forbidding, sending shivers towards the spectator's spine. The howling of a distant dog seemed to even compliment the dreary, bloodcurdling façade of the edifice, a sight that will send even the toughest man scurrying away in fear.

Yet Richalaine still moved on. Like some unknown force was driving her to go inside the house. With a few more strides, she reached the door and slowly opened it revealing a red candle gleaming in the center part of the room.

As she reach the center of this desolate chamber, she saw a hallway flanked with an array of doors ranging from size to shapes. Come dear girl, find me. She heard someone whisper. She didn't even know if it was made by her imagination. Maybe it was the wind, or maybe it was something else...

Slowly, she opened the first door and carefully peered inside. It was a sizable room filled with mirrors of different shapes and sizes. Others would reflect your true physique while others would only show grotesque and malformed images. And through all these reflections, Richalaine sensed one was looking at her. It was a feeling she never did particularly enjoy, and the creepy atmosphere overlaying the house didn't do any good about it.

Shaken, she moved on to another intricately designed door. The carvings and designs suggest that a burial ceremony was taking place. She was about to open it but a feeling of dread swept over her. That somehow, if she opened this door something bad will happen. Moving forward, she arrived in front of the third door. By now, she's really feeling an extreme fatigue caused by the initial dose of adrenaline that coursed through her veins.

Yes, that's it. This is the door. Open it and meet me my dear child. Was it the wind? Or is someone really whispering towards her. That question can only be answerable by opening this door. Richalaine inhaled and exhaled repeatedly, wishing to build enough courage to open the door. Something about this house unnerved her, yet she still entered it. The reason why, was lost to her.

In retrospect, she shouldn't have opened the room. Maybe all of these wouldn't have happened. Maybe she wouldn't have to go through all of those things. Maybe...

Fck it. I'm going to open this door. Richalaine thought as she slowly pushed the door open.

The room was plain, spartan. But what shocked Richalaine was the old figure standing in front of her. The old woman was holding a sack that clearly shown the outline of a human being.

My god! Her eyes! Where are her eyes? Maybe it was just the light, or maybe it was her imagination. But she had this certain feeling that the old woman doesn't have eyes. And when she looked closer, a gnarled hand moved towards her face. Stumbling backwards, Richalaine saw the horrendous image of the aged figure in front of her as a stray beam of moonlight struck its face.

It was the face of an ordinary old woman. Except that in the place where her eyes should be located were two gaping holes.

And as the old woman came towards her, Richalaine scurried backwards and screamed. This seemed to have fazed the old woman as she stopped and contemplated on what was the reason to have caused such sound. Taking this opportunity, she quickly went out of the room and ran towards the exit but her way was blocked by a crippled man with a bloody stump. Not knowing what to do, she entered the second door.

Not noticing that the room was filled with coffins, Richalaine hid behind a monstrous casket and silently wept. What have I gotten myself into? She taught as she silently cursed herself because of her gutsiness. It all backfired; her false courage, her wanton curiosity, everything. And now she's trapped inside a creepy house surrounded by freaks. I need to get out of this house. Summoning courage, Richalaine stood up. The coffins that she haven't noticed before was now evident to her eyes. Looking downwards, she saw a foot on top of the casket that was her hiding place awhile ago. Moving backwards, she toppled a cabinet and was struck by something hard, and the last thing that she saw was the door opening, revealing the figures of the monsters that she was trying to hide from.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

White, the surroundings was purely white. Richalaine felt safe. Her body was caressed by softness and the whiteness of the place was comforting. Even the smell of medicine that permeates the air has a calming effect on her body.

"OMG! She's awake! Come guys, let's go see her." She heard Queencee say. She must've been rescued from the monstrous atrocities that she has encountered.

"OMG Richalaine! You scared us. I thought you were a goner, but thanks to these kind hearted persons you were safe."

And as the figures of her saviors appeared in her line of vision, Richalaine let loose a scream of terror. For her saviors were the monsters that she was trying to escape from.

"Woah! Calm down Richa, I know they look scary but they're really friendly." Queencee said as she explained everything. The old woman was in an accident causing her to lose her eyes while the blood on the cripple's stump that she saw yesterday was just some red ointment that relieves the throbbing pain caused by his prosthetic leg.

"And why is she coming towards me?" Richalaine said as she pointed towards the direction of the old woman."

"She was only trying to help you dummy. She heard something fall so she went towards that "something's" direction, which, in all fairness, was you." Queencee interjected.

Red faced, Richalaine quickly apologized for her misbehaviors.

-----------------------------------

Don't believe in everything you see. Everything is a mirage.

Sometimes we're lead to believe by our own misgivings; what we want to believe; what fear tells us to believe.

And this type of fear is caused by an over    active    imagination.

~END???~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... was the ending really unexpected? HAHAHHAHAHA