Body Language Myths

Certain body language claims have become so widespread that many of us now consider them to be fact. But are we mistaken? Is there any scientific evidence to back up our beliefs?

1.Self Restraint or Frustration. No question about it, we use our crossed arms when we are upset, but this is mostly as a form of self-restraint and, again, to comfort ourselves.But, this is not a blocking behavior; it's self-restraining behavior.

2.Anxiety  and fear - Speaking of insecurity, when we're scared or experiencing high anxiety, arm crossing helps us to deal with anxiousness or psychological distress. We can differentiate by noting that arm crossing is joined by frequent neck touching or covering of the neck dimple. 

3. Mirroring. What do we make of two men who both have their arms crossed, each leaning against a wall with one shoulder and with their legs likewise crossed? Is there a conflict between the two? The answer is no. The fact that they are mirroring each other, with their legs crossed, says everything is OK between them.

4.Fidgeting Is a Sign That You're Hiding Something- Fidgeting can mean many things – or nothing at all – depending on the situation.  

5. Avoiding Eye Contact Is a Sign of Deception- We are constantly told that you can spot a liar by their lack of eye contact, but is there any truth behind it? For decades, psychologists have been trying to establish the behavioral correlates of lying, but it's never clear-cut. While some people find it difficult to maintain eye contact while lying (especially children), most people are aware that eye aversion is linked to deception, and so they overcompensate and intentionally look the person square in the eye.

6. The Self Hug. You have probably noticed that you cross your arms more frequently in public than in private. In a way, it is like a self-hug—and it's comforting for that moment. We do it while listening to a speaker or while waiting for a presentation to begin. We are, of course, not trying to keep anyone away; we are just contributing to our own comfort.

Exercise~

The End.

(If you guys want updates on these guessing exercises then tell me.)

You can also read my other books: True wattpader, Psychological facts, Archived stories. 

 READ.VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.