9 [i]

I gasp at the thought. Did he really just say that?

"Neither you nor he knows how much he needs you... and the other girls, too," Drew stated. "You had every right to stand up for yourself and them. He's just being an idiot."

"O-Okay, maybe I'm not worthless. But, that doesn't mean we're technically not dead inside. Heck, we're called Companions, and unlike Miss Therapist, we're just add-ons that can only function from material things. We're knick-knacks, playthings, andro-" Hold up, I'm talking to Drew here. "I-I mean robots."

"Heh, nice save." A sense of humor. Thank goodness. "Honey, you have plenty of life... and you all have given him plenty of his, too. Like you said, Grey's on the wild side, but you and I both know he was born that way... or might as well have been, considering how long he's apparently had issues before us." Oh yeah. I heard the youth years were rough. For good reason, but still bad. "I wasn't always around to experience it, but you remember his crash, right?"

Absolutely. How can I forget? I'm shocked Grace never went through one since they're twins and all. Maybe she did...

"What about it? It was a rough time for him, things just going badly out of his control. So... *sigh* he did things."

"And, you remember what happened next, don't you?" Dr. Carlisle's voice busts in, and Drew and I look up to find him walking back toward us from down the hall. Wha-? Where'd he come from?

"Uh, he went to the hospital, right, sir?" I rhetorically ask. I know what happened. I was there. "Paramedics found him groveling on the floor."

"Yes, but remember how no one else in the family was home when they came? With all of the items they found broken and opened on the way to get to him, they were surprised that he was even alive if he used or ingested them. He honestly shouldn't have been. So, how was he still conscious? Even better question: how were they even informed, if none of the phones here were used to call them?"

Wait, there wasn't a call? Shouldn't I have known that already? Why didn't I know that!? I... Did I get some PTSD amnesia or something? It was almost six years ago, too...

"If I may answer, sir," Drew speaks, "didn't a certain group of girls nurse him until the professionals took over?"

"Correct, Drew," the doctor replies, entering the vicinity of the bar area now but not sitting.

He goes over to the refrigerator to grab a drink; however, when he opens it, he stands there, looking inside for quite some time. His build is so broad that I can't look past him. But, he doesn't stay too long and eventually continues speaking while finding a glass,

"A certain cellular Companion went far and beyond her 'generalized' abilities to lead a group of her friends... and heal her fallen Partner. If that doesn't show liveliness and love right there, then I don't know what does."

Is he talking about me? Nah, I couldn't have done that. Although, I do have this strange memory of some girls and I huddling in a corner when a bunch of immense personas barged in from nowhere. Was that then? Oh my gosh, I think it was... and I think one of them talked to us or something... and not in a judgmental way, surprisingly, considering I was a Cellular with a bunch of 'Sinfuls'. I'm glad it went over smoothly, then. Yet,

"If you're talking about me, then I was doing my job as a Cellular. It's no big deal."

I hear Drew sigh next to me, probably bothered by my coming to terms. But, the appearance of another female voice spooked us both,

"No big deal!? You're kidding." I know that voice. I know that voice!

I look at it, and I find, with Dr. Carlisle filling his glass to the brim, Allie standing by the sink. Wow, she actually does stay over here? Makes sense. Look at her. She's... Well, she's looking better now than whenever Grey had her - all fancy and classy... and glassy, even. Did she switch Partners... to the Doc?