~ THIRTY ~

"I love you too, Jackaboy." I gasped, pulling away with wide eyes.

Mark's eyes were tired, yet twinkled. He had a weak smile, that instantly made me blush. "Mark?"

He chuckled, lifting a hand to hold my chin. I was laying beside him, hovering over him. "God, Jack. You're so beautiful." A blush rose to my cheeks, and I looked away, a tear  falling down my cheek.

"No I'm not, I'm a terrible person." He pulled my face so I was looking at him again.

"I wouldn't have fallen for you then, now would I?" We stared at each other, if only for a moment.

He was...

lovely. In every way.

Softly, he brought me down and connected our lips. My heart instantly fluttered, and I closed my eyes. The kiss was sweet and gentle, but so full of passion. This past month, the struggle, the turmoil.

It was all worth it.

His tongue ran across my lips, and his hands found my waist, pulling me against him. I never wanted this moment to stop. Here, it was just us. Nothing else, no one else. And my focus was entirely on him.

However, a sudden clearing of a throat interrupted our soon-to-be make out session. Our eyes widened and I fell off the bed, my entire face on fire. "O-Oh! Anthony! Hi!"

In the doorway stood the smirking Italian, his arms crossed as he looked at the mess before him. I, on the floor, my hair ruffled and my lips swollen from a needy bed-ridden Mark and Mark himself on the bed, eyes wide and a less obvious blush on his face. Anthony chuckled. "I see you both are doing better."

Mark cleared his throat, "Oh, uh, y-yeah. Hi. Anthony." Mark looked down at me, and it took me a minute to process that I was still on the floor. I scrambled to my feet rather quick.

Anthony gave one last smirk before stepping into the room fully, tucking his hands into his pockets. Now I could visibly see the scratches on his skin, and a large bruise on his jaw. "Well?"

"Well, what?" I said, still a wee bit flustered.

Anthony sighed, rolling his eyes. "I decide to come to see those bandages get taken off, buy some nice smelling flowers, come over and beat up the 'doctor' who shot my best worker and is the apparent ex of his lover? I think I at least deserve a thank you."

"Oh,"  I scratched the back of my neck and nervously chuckled. "Y-Yeah. Thank you for that." I blushed. "If it weren't for you, Mark wouldn't have probably made it and I'd be in some van right now."

Anthony made a sound of content and smiled. "Eh, it was nothing."

Mark laughed, then winced. "I really owe you, man."

"Hmph." Anthony turned back towards the door, stopping to look over his shoulder. "Just come back to work once that's all healed up." He smiled, "And let's hang out sometime, all of us." Anthony then left, closing the door behind him. I looked up at Mark to find him staring at me already.

He smiled. "I hope you understand that we will be resuming what just happened as soon as we get home."

"Bed included?" I blushed, scratching the back of my neck again.

"Definitely."