~ EIGHTEEN ~

Chaos. Chaos rippled through my mind, tearing at each short-lived memory, every feeling, every thread of sanity.

What is your name?

I am Jack McLoughlin.

A man with little identity, a sad waste of space that was supposed to die. Should have died.

Why are you here?

I was stabbed in the back, and left in the ocean to die.

The cold waters, surrounded by my blood. The blood that held my memories, the blood that held who I was. What I was.

It was all gone. And I was supposed to go with it.

Who was your attacker?

I-I don't know...

They hated me.

They wanted me dead.

A faceless ball of static, of pure rage and jealousy. I was mere prey...merely the soul with no purpose. Drifting off through the waters of death, nothing but swirls and smears of dull color. There was no meaning...

What do you remember?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Was there anything before then? What if I was stuck in some ever lasting dream, drifting off into the unknown of my own mind...my own psychopathic mind forever torturing me, here in this chair. Drifting in and out, in and out, all leading to nothing and everything at the same time...

We're going to help you, Jack.

T-Thank you...

For nothing. I'll die here, confined to my own mind. The static, censoring what I used to be...

N-No

Yes.

STOP

STOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOP-

"Cmon, Jack." Mark stood by the office door, motioning for me to follow him. "Let's go. Doc's gonna give us some meds, then we need to head home." I stood up, quickly following him. I didn't want to stay in that room any longer.

)(*&%$*(%&#*(&(#*(**&#^&*#*&#^

"Let me get you some water," I smiled at Mark, who handed me a little blue pill.

"Thank you, Mark."

He grinned before leaving to go to the kitchen. Instantly, my heart began to pound. I dropped the pill from my shaking hand and stared at nothing.

I HATE YOU!

Why were his dreams becoming more vivid?! I clenched my jaw and squeezed my eyes shut, burying my face in my hands. Voices echoed through my head, them screaming.

Haha! I love you, Jack.

"If you did, why would you do this?" A tear slipped down my cheek as I whispered to the disembodied voice. "Why? Why why why why why why why?" I didn't move when a mass jumped onto the couch, then pulled me into their chest. I hadn't realized I was screaming...

"Jack! Jack, please, stop!"

"WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?!" Static, static everywhere! It clouded my mind, became everything. All I could see was the static! STATIC, NOTHING WAS REAL!-

SLAP.

My eyes opened, my real ones. Mark looked at me, shocked and scared. My face burned, and I reached my hands up to touch it. I began to back away from Mark-

"Jack, oh god, I'm sorry!" He began to crawl over to me, but I yelped. Guilt flooded his eyes and he stopped. "You were so far gone, I was yelling for you, I-I-I-"

"You slapped me!"

"I had to!"

"MONSTER!"  I jumped off the couch, running down the hall. My heart was practically beating out of my chest, and I was suddenly pushed against a wall. "HELP! HELP M-" Mark clamped his hand over my mouth, shushing me. Soft cries were muffled behind his hand, and he looked at me sadly.

"...Jack, please..." A tear ran down his cheek. "Please, I need you to breathe." His shoulders shook from crying as he moved away his hands, placing them on either side of me against the wall.

I was trapped.

"M-Mark," I sobbed, still shaking. "I-I-"

"Shhhhhhhhhhh," He forced his tears to stop, "shhhh, it's okay, Sean. It's okay."

After a good ten minutes or so of me trying to calm myself, I sighed. "I'm so fucking scared, Mark."

He still had me against the wall, and I could feel his hot breath against my face. His body heat radiated off him, and I could smell his cologne. My heart was pounding, but not from pure fear anymore. W-What was I feeling? He closed his eyes, sighing. "You don't need to be, I won't hurt you, Jack."

"N-No..." He opened his eyes again, meeting mine again. "Mark, what if I never get my memories back?" I whispered. We had been whispering this entire time, but this time it barely came out. I was terrified of admitting the truth...

Mark stared at me, looking for something to say. "...I..." He closed his mouth, biting is lip. I couldn't help but look, and my heart raced. "...I don't know anything to say that'll make you feel better..." I looked down, a tear escaping my eye. "...But I know you'll be okay."

I looked up at him, and there it was. That twinkle. "...How do you know?"

He leaned closer, and I couldn't move. His lips were practically touching mine..."Because we're together, Sean." He then closed the gap...

The kiss wasn't rushed, not at all. His lips were warm and soft, and he kissed passionately, like he'd planned every second of this. I hadn't even thought about him having feeling for me, but this proved it. here I was, being an asshole and thinking about myself this whole time. Thinking so much about my attacker, that I hadn't even realized Mark was suffering in a different way.

This thought brought me back to reality. My best friend, and apparent crush considering kissing never felt more right, hand moved his hands to the back of my neck and head, pulling me deeper. I wrapped my arms around his neck, stepping away from the wall and closer to him. I wanted him, so bad...worse than I thought.

He pulled away a little, our lips swollen. He opened his eyes, staring deep into mine. I was a flustered mess, and he was calm and sexy. "You look tired," His voice was low and husky like as he observed my exhausted image. I nodded slightly, my arms still around me. He nuzzled my neck, leaving butterfly kisses that made me shiver. "Let's go to bed, yeah?"

I was too tired to put up and argument, and my mind was too blank. He sighed against my neck, then stood straight. He wrapped an arm around my waist and led me to his room.

A few seconds later, we were both on his bed, the sun setting outside. He spooned me, and I closed my eyes. "Lets...talk tomorrow," I mumbled.

"Yeah. I think we should sort out some stuff." I tried to nod, but found myself too exhausted. I passed out, in his arms, once again.

A/N: Thank you all for 1K reads! <3 Doing the math, that means this book has over 55 dedicated readers, and I thank each of you!