~ FIFTEEN ~

MARK POV

"Well well well, look who finally decided to call?"

I sighed, leaning against my car and watched a squirrel scamper across the yard. "God, Anthony. I'm so sorry I didn't call you earlier."

"Dolan's been subbing for your shifts for the past two weeks, Mark. You know how he is, efficient but lazy. The guy's exhausted."

"I'll make it up to him."

"You'll make it up to me, Mr. High Horse." Anthony paused for a moment, sighing. "I'm sorry, I got a bit chaotic there."

"No, it's fine. I deserve it," I looked at the house, seeing jack getting up from the table through a window. "It's just, I'm dealing with some stuff here at home."

'Oh yeah, how's the fella? The one that got stabbed by some crazy bitch?"

"That's the thing, I don't know. Like, he's healing okay and stuff, but...agh."

"Explain. Not like I give a shit about this place anyways, Iv'e got Melissa out patrolling."

I sighed again, afraid to say my feelings out loud. But maybe talking to Anthony would help...he has been in a relationship for a while now. "Erm...are you gonna judge me?"

"Silently, maybe. But depends on what."

I laughed nervously. "Uh...I think...I think I...like him."

"...as in a gay way?"

"..."

Anthony burst into laughter, causing me to wince from the loud noise. "Buddy! You're getting gay with the bae!"

"He's not my...bae."

"Mmmhm, anyways, tell me! I need the details."

"You sound like a white girl."

"I'm Italian, thank you very much."

I smirked. "Alright, well, his name's Jack. He's small, Irish, cute guy with green hair-"

"Didn't you used to dye your hair?"

"Yeah, back when I started working with you my hair was red."

"Yeah, keep going."

"Anyways, so last night he wanted to hang out, get to know each other better. By the end of the night, the guy was wasted." I paused, waiting to see if Anthony had anything to say. However, for once he was just listening, so I continued. "Long story short, we made out for a few minutes until I told him this was wrong."

"Holy shit."

"Yeah, I know."

"What happened after that?"

"Let's just say he woke up the next morning cuddled into my chest on his bed."

"...Naked?"

My eyes widened and he blushed furiously. "No! I was tucking him in and he wouldn't let me leave."

"Awww, that's cute."

"I just...I mean, you know. I told you months ago that I was having sexuality problems."

"I thought you were trying to push that stuff away."

"I was," I gulped. "But then Jack just had to show up." I sighed. "you should see him, Anthony. He's so energetic and lovable. And, god damn. Last night...he kissed me. He was drunk, but he still kissed me."

"Hm," Anthony paused for a moment. "...I've been in your shoes."

My eyes widened. Sure, Anthony did like to flirt a lot, whether it be with employees or locals at the beach. But he rarely flirted with guys who weren't super close. "Really?!" 

Anthony sighed. "Yeah. A few years back, before I got with Jess. But that's not the point. Look, who initiated the kiss?"

"Him, he-"

"There. That's your answer." I was confused, and he could seem to sense it. "If he was the one who kissed you, it doesn't matter if he was shit-faced. There's some sort of feelings deep down there too, maybe he hasn't realized them or he's like you, trying to will them away. Either way, wait for the guy to heal up, he also lost his memory right? Help him out with that. make sure he doesn't have a lucky guy off in Ireland. After all that, how can the guy resist you? You pretty much saved him, after all." It was actually pretty logical, something Anthony often wasn't. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Um," I thought quickly. "I don't think I have plans."

"Then come to work tomorrow. Be here by noon, I'll let you leave at four, and hour earlier than usual."

I sighed. "I couldn't have a better boss."

"Stop kissing my ass and go take care of that kid. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye Anthony."

"Bye Mark." Anthony then hung up. I turned off my phone and put it in my pocket, heading back inside. Jack was on the couch, fully dressed in a purple t-shirt , jeans, and converse. He looked up at me.

"So, do you still have a job?"

I laughed, sitting next to him. "Yes, Jack. I'm still a lifeguard."

Jack sighed, relieved. "Thank fucking god." I was caught off guard when he suddenly hugged me tightly. I instinctively hugged back, remembering Anthony's advice.

"There's some sort of feelings deep down there too, maybe he hasn't realized them or he's like you, trying to will them away. Either way, wait for the guy to heal up, he also lost his memory right? Help him out with that. make sure he doesn't have a lucky guy off in Ireland. After all that, how can the guy resist you? You pretty much saved him, after all."

Yeah, it as safe to say I was fucked.

A/N:  Welcome to Q&A Saturday! This is something I do on Instagram (MysticMiseryWattpad) but I'll also do it in stories.

So, the question is:

Why did you make a Wattpad account?

I'll keep it short! So, I created Wattpad because I absolutely love writing in general and fandoms is something EVERYONE has. It makes me so happy, to see votes, read comments, to know that people actually see this stuff.

If you want to suggest questions, just message me :3