Chapter 16 - Something bad

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Though she sounded calm and seemed calm, she was nothing but calm. It was the least she can do by letting Key sleep on his own bed. She was hardly going to let him sleep on the couch where Baby bum could wake up in the middle of the night or on the cold floor. Her heart was thumping rapidly once she felt Key beside her. Thankfully, the  lights were turned off therefore no one saw her flushed cheeks.

“Sica ah.” Key’s soft voice was heard. “Hmm?” She asked, her voice showed her tiredness. “Can I hug you?” The innocence in his voice was making her heart flutter. She let out a small chuckle, somehow letting herself relax after hearing his cute request. “What if I say no?” She asked daringly. Key also let go of the nervous vibe after hearing Jessica’s chuckle. “Well, Too bad.” He smirked as he put his arms around her, Jessica turned to the side; her back facing Key. Which caused Key to be more comfortable while hugging her. If it was the other way around where their faces were just inches apart, they knew things would get awkward as they were both very shy. After several minutes, Key spoke in his soft voice, almost in a whisper. “Sica ah..” His lips touching the back of  her head lightly. “Mmm?”

“Have you ever slept on the same bed with a guy before?” He asked, he could feel his own cheeks flushing a bit when he asked her. Jessica nodded her head, she couldn’t see his face but she guessed it was probably a shocked one. “Who?” He was upset by her answer. “Yunho oppa and Jaejoong oppa.” She replied with a light chuckle. Key pouted as he hugged her closer to him. “They don’t count.” He spoke. “Then nope. You’re the first, Prince Kibum.” She smiled to herself, she could get used to that name. Key chuckled at her. “It’s strange huh? The first day I met you three, you were the one that disliked me.” She began with her small voice. Key nodded, feeling sorry that his attitude towards her was bad when they first met. “You didn’t turn out to be the person I thought you would be.” He admitted. “Then what type of person am I?” She asked, gently turning her body around to face him. Key still hugged her, this time his lips touching her forehead. He gently planted a kiss on her forehead. “You’re different from other girls.” Although they couldn’t see each other’s eyes. They knew they were both staring at each other. Key caressed her cheeks. “You don’t care if you’re a princess and you argue back. You care about others more than yourself. Although everyone knows who you are, you still just be yourself. You don’t care if you’re a princess and just live life how you want. Though you always have a smile on, you know later on that you’ll have to change so you can be a women to lead the country too.” Key spoke with his tender voice. No response came from Jessica, however Key knew her eyes were opened. “Komawo oppa.” Her voice was almost inaudible. Jessica snuggled her herself into Key’s chest, His heartbeat was heard clearly. “For what?” He asked as he hugged her, patting the back of her head gently.

“For giving me the feeling of being in love with someone.” She spoke sincerely.

Key was touched by her words. Who knew it was so hard for a princess to find true love.  Gradually, the both drifted off to sleep in that position.
During the night Key would unknowingly snuggle more with her. Her strawberry scent shampoo would linger around him.

The next morning, Jessica was woken up by Baby bum’s bark. She quickly got out of bed; not wanting to wake Key up. She slipped on her slippers then walked out to the living room. She saw Baby bum jumping up to her legs. “Good morning to you too, Baby bum.” Jessica bent down to pat her head. “I’ll get you some food now.” Jessica then walked over to the kitchen. She placed the dog bowl back onto the floor once she filled it with Baby bum’s dog food. Jessica then poured more water into the water bowl. Once Jessica was done giving Baby bum her breakfast, she went to the bathroom to do her morning routine. It was only 8am, but she doubt that she could go back to sleep.

After several minutes, she came out to see Key patting Baby bum on the head while sitting on the couch. Baby bum’s head was resting on Key’s lap. “Oppa, Mianhe, Did Baby bum wake you up?” Jessica sat down beside him. Key shook his head assuring her with a smile. “Why are you awake so early then?” She asked while hugging his arm beside her. “The bed felt cold without you beside me.” He said with a cheesy grin. Jessica chuckled at his reply. “Babo, Anyways Minho oppa and Jonghyun oppa is coming over later. Yoona said she’s giving me today as a day off instead of tomorrow because Bom unnie wants to get off tomorrow instead.” Jessica informed him. Keynodded while listening to her. “Why are they coming over?” He asked out of curiosity. Jessica shrugged her shoulders. “Minho oppa wants to meet Baby bum. Jonghyun oppa said he wants to teach her some tricks.” She explained with a smile, happy that they all like Baby bum. “Araso, Well I’m going to get changed now. Then I’m going to head out at 10 for work.” He gave her a peck on the cheek then got up from the couch.

Once he got everything for his shower, Key was in the bathroom brushing his teeth. While doing so, He had received a message from Yoona. Key grabbed his phone and read it while brushing his teeth. ‘Oppa, Something bad happened at the restaurant. You won’t get your wages till two weeks time. I’m sorry.’ It wasn’t the first time that The Im’s restaurant had given out the employee’s pay check late, however this time, Key bit his lower lip. ’…Something bad.’ He thought. He spat out the toothpaste foam then rinsed his mouth. He then stared at his reflection on the mirror. “Is Jessica and the puppy really going to bring me bad luck?” He asked himself silently.