In His Eyes Chap.3

Yaaay, chapter three is here! *frolics* Don't forget to vote so this story can make it to the Watty Awards! Or at least i think that's how it goes... anyway, don't forget to comment and vote! ;D

-Shax <3

~
In His Eyes Chap.3
~

Chris was standing by the door, smiling. Every time I looked up, he had this cocky grin on his face. It made me want to slap it off of his face.

“What are you smiling about over there?”

If it was possible, the grin got bigger, “Oh nothing in particular.” He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and went back to tending to the mugs I had just made. They had to sit on the cooling rack for a day in a half, and then they would be put under the fire again. Drake wanted them by the end of the month, so I was taking my time. They were simple to make, but the design was what took the most time. To be able to paint flowers on glass is easy, but on ceramic? Let’s just say I need to concentrate a little extra than usual.

“Who are you making those mugs for?” Chris said with that nosy tone of voice he gets when he’s curious.

I looked up from the mug on the table and narrowed my eyes at him, “I thought I paid you to work, not stand there all day with that stupid grin on your face.”

Again, the bastard’s grin got bigger.

“I’m just curious, is all.”

I ‘hmph’d and turned my attention back to the mug, Drake had asked for lilies as the design. And not just any lilies, he was very specific about the damn color; which can only be achieved by mixing colors. Colors I didn’t have at the moment.

“Shit,” I uttered under my breath.

“What is it?”

“I need new colors. Go to Mrs. Peter’s store and get me a new set, will you?”

Chris sighed and sat down, “Can’t you get them tomorrow?” He looked down at his watch and then up at me. That damn grin still plastered on his good-for-nothing face.

I looked up at the clock by the door and shook my head. It was already five, which meant that in an hour I would go pick up Micah and then bring him to the studio. Now I understood why Chris was all grins.

“I pay you to work, not to grin like an idiot. Now, go to Mrs. Peter’s and get me a new set or you can kiss your job goodbye.”

Chris got up, glared, and walked out of the studio. A minute later he came back.

“Now what is it?”

Chris extended his hand to me and I stared at it then up at him.

“How do you expect me to pay?” He wasn’t looking at me as he said this.

“Seriously, cheap bastard,” I mumbled as I reached into my back pocket and took out a hundred dollar bill from my wallet. “You better bring the change.” I said before placing it on his hand. Chris looked at the bill then nodded.

Before he was out the door, he stopped and turned around, “Can I buy a smoothie?”

I grabbed the clay I had been playing around with and threw it at him; it hit the wall next to the door and a wide-eyed Chris hurried out of the studio.

Fifteen minutes later, I was in the locker room changing into my street clothes, when Chris walked in with a smile on his face and a shy looking Micah behind him.

What the hell?

“I found him by Mrs. Peter’s store and brought him with me.” Chris winked at me and I rolled my eyes.