"You have been busy" he glances wearily at the new group of people heading towards the bar "Now, what drinks can i get you?"

A couple of shots later and i'm sitting at the bar, giggling at Ghoul as he tries to down one of the most disgusting cocktails Crash has ever seen created at the bar. His face is a contorted mixture of grimaces and gagging, which is amusing us all.

"Fucking hell" he groans, clutching his stomach "Someone get me a water."

"Here" A voice behind him makes us all turn around. I recognise Cyanide instantly by the green highlights in her hair as she hands Ghoul a glass of water. I don't miss the look that passes between them, and quickly remember that they have an on-off romance. By the way he looks up at her it's obvious they are very much on at the moment. This theory is proven when he sits down right next to him, a hand resting on his thigh.

"What the hell were you drinking?" she frowns, looking at the remaining murky orange drink that sits at the bottom of the shot glass like a gloopy mess.

"I wish i knew" he all but chirps, his groaning stomach long forgotten with her appearance. He scoots closer, wrapping an arm around her waist. She doesn't object, but in fact moves closer to him so that they're leaning against each other in a cute pose.

"I missed you baby' She chuckles, pushing the glass out of the way so she can kiss him properly. "Next time you go to the city you're taking me with you. Maybe then you won't always end up blowing the place sky high."

"Don't you start too" He protests "i killed a whole bunch of dracs and eliminated a big threat and yet everyone acts like it was a bad thing!"

"Probably because you nearly dusted us all in the process" I quip, my voice laced with sarcasm. Party chuckles from beside me, placing his own now nearly empty glass down on the counter as i speak. I already finished my own drink some time ago and am withholding the temptation of another one. I don't want to get too drunk as I know I'll probably end up doing some stupid or letting my guard down, but when Jet sets another glass down in front of me I can't help but pick it up and start to sip.

"Oh come on" Ghoul protest again "the only injury we had was a burn on Spark's hand."

"Luckily" Kobra smirks, looking a little like his brother when he does so "but it could've been a whole load worse."

"Well it wasn't" Ghoul turns back to Cyanide "end of story. Now why don't you tell me what you've been so busy with instead."

As Cyanide launches into a deep explanation of her latest errand run I finish my drink whole, feeling a little dizzy and giggly too. I don't normally allow myself to get drunk so now that I am it's a weird feeling for me to embrace. I'm not exactly hammered - just a little tipsy - but it's enough that I venture off towards the stairs, mentioning something about getting some fresh air to the others.

Party stares after me as I climb the stairs, but that just makes me move faster if anything. Unfortunately I can already feel the drink starting to make me a little emotional too now, and as much as I don't want to remember, I can feel my past creeping up on me.

Now that I'm outside I slump down near the car, resting my back against its side and staring up at the starry night sky. I'm biting my lip in an attempt to stop any tears as I think back, something I would never normally do.

"Come on" I yelled back into the burning flames. As soon as I open my mouth a load of smoke and ash enters it, making me choke and splutter over the sound of the roaring flames "Morgan come on!"

He struggled out of the flames then, his face covered in soot and what looked like a burn on his arm. In his arms he was carrying his old pet budgie, who he had purposely gone back into the burning bedroom for.