Inferno

Leo stooped down to pick up his discarded tool belt, sighing. Poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue, Leo studied Fetus's figurehead. Fetus released a low groan and steam spilled from his nostrils; Leo twisted his lips. "I don't see anything wrong Festus."

Calypso chucked a sunflower seed at Leo and Leo swiftly dodged it as he circled the metal dragon — he wanted to find out whatever was wrong and fix it before they left for their raid that afternoon. "Maybe he just wants to spend time with you."

Leo gave Calypso a look of mild annoyance and she harrumphed; "Oh wait," she said, "that's right, that's me."

Leo rounded Fetus once more to arrive in front of Calypso, who was perched on a mock dummy of a monster, picking at her cuticles. She looked down her nose at him and hopped down, frowning. Leo frowned back and flicked her nose lightly. "You know that I've been – "

"Busy," Calyspo said mockingly, "I know. An dim not trying to undermine you, but I would appreciate if you let me know what's going on. For Zeus's sake, I didn't even know you were going on a raid today! Jason told me!"

Leo sighed and pulled Calypso closer to him by the loops of her jeans and she wrinkled her nose at the grease that rubbed onto her wrist. "I know, and I'm sorry. My brain's just been all over the place lately and I've been struggling to keep up with it myself, let alone keep you up to speed."

Calypso bit her lip but smiled too. "I know," she pecked his cheek. "I'll see you at lunch, right?"

Leo sighed again. "Yeah, we're leaving directly afterwards."

Calypso flicked his nose lightly and whispered, "You better come back to me."

Leo grinned as he said, "I swear it on the River Styx."

Calypso said nothing as thunder rumbled in the distance, solidifying the oath. Leo just turned his face to press his lips gently to Calypso's, murmuring, "I love you," against her lips.

"I love you too," she said, "now go get a shower; you stink."

Leo smirked impishly and purposefully wiped one of his grease smudged fingers against her cheek before she could stop him. Calypso grunted in frustration and disgust but let Leo escape to his cabin, still snickering.

As Leo marched to his cabin, he passed the brooding bunch of Chaos and his commanders. Leo dipped his head respectfully but they barely seemed to see him. Leo silently reached down to tie his shoe, listening carefully.

Leo curiously watched the five from the corner of his eye as Chaos ran a distressed hand through his hair. "And what?" He demanded. "You all expect me to sit idly as you go off and risk your lives? I can kill half of that army with one flick of my wrist."

Storm yanked at the hood of his cloak affectionately as Wave splayed his fingers across the sword sheathed at his side. A wave crested on the sword as it glowed by his side. The sword looked almost . . . familiar. Leo dipped his head, pretending to concentrate on adjusting his tool belt and tying his shoe laces. "No," Storm was saying, "you will be controlling the invasion elsewhere. We do not need you putting a larger target than there already is on our backs. You marching in there recklessly or to make a point will help no one. They want Per — "

Storm broke abruptly off as her eyes on Leo, still crouched on the ground, his hair curling around his ears as he gave a winning smile. Storm cursed low and violently under her breath but held Leo's gaze all the same. "We'll speak of this later," she said to Chaos, her eyes still trained on Leo, something about the gaze unnervingly familiar like Wave's sword. Then, she broke the stare and stalked off towards the Poseidon cabin.