Chapter 37

(Louis' Pov)

I couldn't sleep that night.

All I could think about was how Harry had said 'I love you.'

I said it back and I meant it but can't help but wish it was at a more special time. 

Did Harry mean it?

Maybe it was just the drugs talking. Don't get me wrong, I love drugged up Harry but his last words before he fell asleep have just left me confused.

By the time it reached morning, I was shattered and all I wanted to do was sleep. On top of that I am being forced to go to college today by Harry's parents. Luckily I don't start until 1pm, so I have the morning to spend with my Haz. 

The doctor also informed him that he would be able to go home today. So when I leave for college, his parents are going to take him home. After much convincing, they agreed I could stay with them as well but they want me to be in a separate room to Haz. I don't know how long that is going to last for.

'Morning Haz.' I greeted, walking into the room with breakfast. Whilst Harry was still asleep, I went over to the shop across the road because hospital food isn't even worth trying. I was also carrying a balloon and some get well soon chocolates.He smiled when he realised I had proper food and reached out for it with grabby hands like a child.

'Morning Boo.' He replied sleepily, rubbing his eyes. 'Is that for me?'

'Of course.' I smiled, passing him the food and setting the balloon by the side of the bed. 

'You didn't have to but thank you.' He said, placing a small kiss on my lips. I will never get tired of kissing him...ever.

 'How are you feeling? Still wanting to start a musical?' I teased and he replied by sending me a confused look. 'You don't remember?'

'No' He shook his head.

'Haz they gave you lots of morphine for the pain in your head and you went loopy.' I stated and his cheeks turned a darker shade of red. 

'Was it bad? I don't remember much from being drugged up.' He said and I started laughing. If only he knew what he was doing. 

'Do you remember anything from yesterday?' He shook his head again. That means he doesn't remember what he said. He won't remember saying those 3 words. Maybe that is a good thing because now I can make it special. I can show him that I truly mean it.

'Oh...okay.' I said, trying not to sound upset because in all honestly I kind of was. 

'What's wrong?' He asked, gesturing for me to come and sit next to him. I did so as I talked.

'Nothing. Don't worry about it.'

'You promise?' He said, looking straight at me.

'Promise. I will tell you later.' I reassured. I probably will as well. When I finally admit to him that I love him in a time and place where we will both remember, then I will tell him about his drugged up antics. 'Besides we have more important things to discuss like how you get to go home today.' That made him smile. I think we were both on the same level when it comes to hospitals. We both hate them.

So that is how Haz and I spent the morning. We talked about him going home and how happy he was to be able to go back to his own bed and then he laughed whilst listening to me rant about college and how I had to return.

Lets not forget how he mentioned a couple of times how he wants to go back. Harry wants to be able to finish his courses along with everyone else but he knows his parents won't let him. Maybe they just need a little bit of convincing and reassurance. They can't forget that I am here to protect Harry now and I refuse to let anyone lay a finger on him.