Chapter 11

(Harry/Marcel POV)

Getting my books for third period, I felt lifeless.

I guess you could say I looked like a cow that died and turned into zombie.

I couldn't sleep all night and I hadn't eaten a thing. My whole life had been happy, wonderful and awesome compared to yesterday. 

Why? Why did he have to do this to me? I understood at school, like he didn't know I was Marcel and I knew that people who weren't ready to come out most of the time get a "beard".

Let me explain.

A "beard" is a person that is a cover up for a gay person, meaning to be their boyfriend or girlfriend, only it isn't real dating, although sometimes this "beard" doesn't really know the person they are dating is gay, so it would probably look more real. Still that didn't give him any right to tell me that he was gay, kiss me and more specifically lead me on, to then show me his girlfriend.

After all I didn't even know why I was that upset, it's not like I had feelings for him...No, Harry, you said you wouldn't think about him, and besides, you need to get to class.

I walked over to my next class, which I'd come to notice were almost all with Niall and Liam. I made a mental promise to myself that one day when I didn't have to hide Harry anymore I would thank them, for actually caring.

All fucking class Niall was throwing papers at me, and at first I thought that he wanted for me to throw them away, but at the fifth time I just looked at him with my 'are-you-serious' face and he mouthed 'read it' back. The teacher was passing by so I put the paper under my notebook quickly and started writing incoherent words in the notebook, making sure it looked realistic. When the teacher turned around to write something on the board, something I probably already knew, I read the note,

Hi! I'm really bored and wanted to ask you something.

I rolled my eyes at this boy and replied with

'you should be paying attention and what do you want to ask me?'

as bored as I was and wished to have someone to talk to, I knew all this stuff and Niall didn't so he should have been paying attention. 

You're single right?

I just sat there thinking 'what kind of question is that?' Has he even met Marcel?! I was the biggest loser in school and it wasn't like they knew about Harry...

'Yes and why?'

I answer, waiting for the teacher to turn around.

My cousin is interested in the team you swing for, maybe I can set you two up, you know...

I looked at Niall with the most weirded out look ever while he was just sat there, wiggling his eyebrows. As happy as I was that he, and of course Liam, cared about me and that they wanted to add me to their friendship, Marcel wasn't a real person he didn't deserve their sympathy. I might've been being a hypocrite when I said this but I'd much rather be alone than have these two people be kind to what could've been classified as a fictional character.

I just wrote back,

'I'm not interested in a relationship right now, don't want any distractions.'

Sorry... I just thought you could use some company...

Not wanting Niall to lose more class time I just nodded and started writing down what the teacher was saying so that he at least thought that I was paying attention and wouldn't bother me.