“Are you sure it was him?” This was the question that I had been asking myself.

“Yes we are sure. We had them check. It was your husband. I’m so sorry… I hate telling people these kinds of things. You can always talk to one of your consolers. They are specialized for this kind of subject. I’m really sorry…” With that, I had turned around, and saw silent tears streaming down her face. I got up from the couch, and walked over to the door.

I hugged my mom, and she gripped onto my small body for dear life.

 “Do you at least know who did it?” Mom said to the officer.

“No, investigators are on the case now. We will let you know when we find anything.” He said.

“Thanks for coming.” With that he nodded his head and left.

Mom let go of my fragile body, and closed the door. She slid to the floor, and sobbed uncontrollably. I have never seen my mom like this. The sight itself had made me fall to my knees and cry. I cried in her arms, and stayed there for what felt like days.

End of Flashback

**

The killer was never found, and the officer never came by to say another word to us. The case was let go, and was never looked at again.

Whoever it was, I hope they are dead now, and are rotting in the depths of hell. They killed my father.

I have lost many people in my life, my dad and my best friend. Pain seems to be my best friend now.

“Why are you crying? Was it what I said? I didn’t mean it! I swear I didn’t mean it! Please don’t cry!” Damien’s sudden words had knocked me out of my daze, and before I knew it he was at the edge of my bed, sitting next to me, pulling back my knotted hair, and wiping away my tears with his thumbs. He looked to be in anguish. Why is he caring so much? We just met

“No, it’s not what you said. I’m fine, just looked back on some memories, that’s all.”

He didn’t looked convinced, but got up anyways. He gave me one last look before heading out the door again.

Where is he going?

I put the thought behind me, and turned off the T.V. not really wanting to watch anymore. I grabbed my phone, and decided to call my mom.

Ever since yesterday, I feel close to her again. It’s almost as if she was ready to act like a mother again. I was glad. I really needed her right now.

I scrolled down the contacts until I had found her name. I clicked the call button, and was forwarded to voice mail. Strange…

Maybe she wasn’t home?

 Maybe she was working?

Maybe she was with her annoying boyfriend.

I pushed all thoughts away and finalized my decision to her being with him. She always is anyway.

I shifted in my bed, trying to get more comfortable. When I got settled, the doctor came in.

“How are you today?” He asked; a small smile on his face.

I get how doctors are always supposed to be happy, but he just makes it creepy. Its times like these that I wish Damien were in the room. Without him here, the doctor will just get creepier. This guy has the same strange feeling that I got when Harry was in the same room as me, only not as bad. It still gave me chills.

“I fine thank you.” I said simply.

“Are you in any pain?”

“No.” I said, looking away from him.