A New Beginning

The Sun's bright rays went through the curtains and woke me up. I moved over the other way not wanting to get out of the comfy bed. It was warm, soft, and heavenly. Unfortunately, my brain kept telling me to get up, but my heart said to wait. I looked at the clock and decided to sleep for another five minutes. Which turned out to be another two hours.

I now, finally decided to dominate my heart, and got up. I went over to get ready for once again another long day. I exited the bathroom and went to sit on the bed. I thought of the events that occurred last night, and I had the need to cry. Something was controlling Karson, and I had no idea what it was. I missed him, I missed him too much.

My mind also wandered around on who Jackson was. Who was this mysterious man, that wanted Karson to protect me. I came to an agreement with myself to just leave it for now, and focus on more important things. 

I turned my phone on to look at the time. It was seven. I woke up Valentine, and she also got up to get ready for school. School to me, seemed partly unnecessary. I didn't quite understand why people relied on it so much, but it was whatever. I walked out to the living room to see only Max and Jayden on the table. I joined.

"She up?" Max asked me

"Valentine?"

"Mhm."

"Yea."

"Ok good, I really want to know what you guys found yesterday." Jayden addon on

"Good morning." Malaria said to us.

"Morning." we all said

"Where's Jacob?" Jayden asked

"Still sleeping."

Max and I sighed in relief.

"I'll have to go drop of Valentine at school."

"We could go if you'd like?" I asked her.

"That's thoughtful, but it's fine."

"Hey no worries Malaria, us three have to go somewhere anyways." Max replied to her.

"Oh really, what?"

"We just have to go pick up some weapons."

"Alright, I guess you could go."

Valentine came in and smiled while running towards us. She sat beside Max and ate her cereal. When she finished we got up to put our dishes in the dishwasher, and left to the door. We said goodbye to Jacob while he went out somewhere as well.

"So valentine where is your school."

"Hmm go straight until you see the big blue house and turn left. It should be in the corner Max."

He smiled and started to drive the car. Jayden sat up with him, while Valentine and I sat in the back. We reached to the big blue house, which I thought looked odd. Then we made a left and saw her school. Max pulled over and Jayden got out to open the door for her. She waved us goodbye and so did we.

"Where should we go now?" Jayden asked

"Central park, it's quiet and we can talk about this mess."

We agreed and drove there. Maxed pulled into the parking lot and we ran to the park. We sat on the picnic table and began the discussion. 

"Ok, so, Karson, Anera, James, and Samantha are shapeshifters." I told him.

He rested his face flat on the table. "How did I not think of that, it all makes sense."

"Exactly, that's why in most restaurants they would always order finger food, because they couldn't touch the silverware."

"And how Samantha flinched when she touched the silver necklace." Max added