Lust vs. Love

*Tyler's POV*

The next morning I was up before the sun was, trying to choose an outfit. By the time Connor joined me I was a total wreck, sitting in the middle of a pile of clothes with a hideous outfit on. Connor laughed and sat on the bed beside me and the clothing heap.

"Are you okay?" 

"Does it look like I am? I have nothing to wear!" I yell, sinking down until I was barely visible above the clothes. Connor picks up an article of clothing and dangles it above my head.

"What about this?"

"That?" I hiss, snatching it from him. Okay, so it wasn't disgustingly ugly, but it wasn't exactly picture worthy either.

"Fine, I'll wear it. But if I look like a fruit it's your fault."

"You are a fruit though?" Connor chuckles, leaving the room as unannounced as he'd entered. I shoved the shirt on and stared in the mirror. Back home this was one of my favorite shirts, why didn't it seem good enough here? My complaining was interrupted by a familiar ringtone and I pounced on the bed to grab my phone.

"Hey Troye." I purred, eager to hear his morning voice.

"It's Steele. Is that how you always greet my brother?" I held back a giggle. I'd probably sounded like a horny teenager but I didn't normally worry about that stuff with Troye. 

"Only sometimes. What's up?" 

"Troye told me to call you and let you know that he's hailing a taxi as we speak so you guys had better be ready." I frowned, looking at the mess of my room. I hadn't even started choosing pants yet.

"Yeah, we'll meet you there." I grumbled. He hung up on me without another word so I assume he must be okay with that plan. I hurry to shove everything into a sort-of neat pile so I don't look like a total slob if Troye decides to come over later tonight.

*Troye's POV*

"Where is he?" I groaned, leaning back against the wall of the Twitter building. We'd already been here for fifteen minutes and there was still no sign of Tyler or Connor. I wasn't even that upset we were running late, but the part that bothered me the most was Steele's smug 'I told you so' smirk. 

"Just because he's late doesn't mean he isn't a good person."

"Of course not, but do you enjoy waiting alone at tables when your date's running half an hour late?" I snort at him but he did have a point and he must have knew that because he went right back to smiling smugly. 

"Hi!" Tyler squealed, running across the parking lot to where we were camped out. The second he reached us his smile faded away so I guess my annoyance must have been pretty easy to read.

"I'm sorry, Troye. I was picking an outfit, because I wanted to look my absolute best for you, and then I lost all track of time. But I'm here now and I'm so sorry."

"You seem to be apologizing a lot lately." I growl, grabbing Steele's arm and tugging him through the door before he gets the chance to snicker or poke fun at Tyler. As soon as we got inside I felt Tyler grab my arm.

"Can I talk to you-" He looked over at Steele, who was eyeing us eagerly, "In private."

"Fine." I sigh, letting him drag me toward an empty hallway. I wasn't sure we were supposed to just roam through the building freely, but Tyler seemed to be pretty sure of himself. As soon as we were out of earshot from the others he took his hand off my arm and shoved it in his pocket.

"Well?" I snap after waiting for him to speak up for a good two minutes.

"Is this still about the other night? Because nothing happened between Sawyer and I and-"