Zach

When someone leaves, it's because someone else is about to arrive.

– Paulo Coelho, The Zahir

•••

I got into my car and drove off leaving Lis with what ever guy she wanted to rip the face off of. I stormed into the house, more mad than ever. I slapped the door behind me.

"Where's Lis?" Mary asked.

"Probably kissing some guys face off while making them buy coffee for her." I snapped.

"I'm sorry you fell for her-" Mary began.

"I DO NOT LIKE LIS BUT SHE DAMMIT KISSED ME IN FRONT OF THE GIRL I LOVE!" I shouted. I stomped upstairs into Elise's room. Mom walked in seconds later.

"Zach, please talk to me." She begged me. I stood up, not sure if I should cry or be shaking in anger.

"I saw her Mom. She looked good. She didn't look like she was worried for the life of people around her. She started mouthing something to me, and I was going to walk towards her Mom. Than the stupid girl took my face and kissed me. Right in front of Elise." I said, a tear ran down my face, but I quickly rubbed it away. "I followed Elise out the door, she had coffee spilled all over her, yet she still smelled like strawberries. She called me a cheat and to go back to Lis. She thought I was dating that idiot Mom. I lost her. She's gone. She officially hates me. I lost her Mom. I lost her for good this time." I said. Tears ran down my face, but this time I didn't try to wipe them away.

"I'm going to tell you a story Zach, about your father." Mom said. I looked up. Mom never talked about Dad. Never. "When we were in high school, he was a player. He probably had a different girlfriend every week. I was the girl with a nose always in a book. It was your classic, player falls for the nerd. We started dating a few months later afterwards. We broke up for a while." Mom said.

"You and Dad? I asked.

"Yeah. The first day afterwards I skipped school was in bed crying. The same day he had another girlfriend. A week later, I ignored everyone and just studied and read like always. A week later your father was beating everyone up and broke up with that girl. Three weeks later I was back to myself. Your father was a crying mess." Mom told me. I didn't get the point of Mom's story, and Mom saw I was confused. "My point is Zach, if a boy cries for a women, that means he really loves her. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've cried over her. You've slept in here almost every night, if not every night." Mom said. I shook my head. "Then darling, you better make sure she knows the truth. She's a good fish, now you have to find her again."

"Thanks Mom." I said as I hugged her.

"I'm always here for you." Mom told me.

"I know." I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Who loves Zach's mom??????? I do.

#PerfectMom

I still have nothing to say in these authors notes.

Word Count: 537