Zach

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.

– H.Jackson Brown Jr., P.S. I Love You

•••

"Zach I want you to meet someone!" Mom called from downstairs. I put aside my homework and went downstairs. Mom was standing next to a lady her age, with red hair. Next to her was a girl, my age. The girl was clearly dressing to impress. By that, I mean she had the tightest black pants on, with such a tight crop top that it looked more like a bra.

"Hi..." I said not getting the point of any of this.

"This is my friend Mary and this is her daughter Lis." Mom said. "They're staying with us for a while." That got me.

"Mom, a moment in the kitchen please." I said.

"Sure honey, I was just about to grab some snacks." She said sweetly. She never calls me honey. Never. We walked into the kitchen.

"What's the meaning of that!" I whispered yelled.

"You need to get out more, and maybe get a girlfriend." She told me in the same ton.

"I don't need a girlfriend." I said, keeping my tone low.

"Zach, it's been a year since Elise.....moved on. I think you should do the same." Mom told me softly.

"Mom! I can't do that! I still love her! How in the world do you want me to move on when you clearly can see that I can't!" I yelled. I didn't even wait for her to say anything. I stormed out of the kitchen and I went into Elise's room. I was greeted by what's her name. The new girl. "What are you doing here." I snapped.

"This is the room I've selected to stay in." She said.

"Yeah right! When pigs fly!" I yelled. I took all her stuff and threw it into the hallway. "OUT!" I yelled. She walked out of the room, complaining about her shoes. I slammed the door shut and then fell onto Elise's bed. Then all tears broke out loose. She had one blanket that she loved, and she left it here. I don't think I've gone a day sleeping without it since she left.

To be honest, I haven't gone a day without sleeping in her bed. I haven't gone a day without thinking of her. I haven't had one good day.

My world was a mess.

It was a mess with her here too, but I knew I could take care of her. I knew she was mine. I knew she loved me.

Now. Now I know nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

That's how the point of views are going to be from now on. Longer too.