Elise

The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.

– Chuck Palahniuk, Diary

•••

I walked into Starbucks and went and ordered my six drinks. The cashier looked a little weird at me, but all I did was a weird shrug. I looker around and came across a familiar ruffle of blonde hair. It was the boy that I had promised never to speak of his name again.

I hadn't seen him in a while, he hadn't met my eyes yet. I still haven't seen his face. His hair was longer than before, his hair never grew quickly, something that had never bothered him. He was a little taller, maybe an inch taller now. He was dressed in some ripped jeans and a gray muscle shirt. I almost walked up to him, just out of habit.

I stood dead. Next to him was a girl. A girl with straight red hair. She was gorgeous. She had a tight crop top on, and some short tight leggings. Everything was tight on her and every guy was looking her way.

Just then Zach turned around. I had been fooling myself this year saying that I didn't love him anymore. It was like giving yourself a speech on how you didn't like some guy and the moment you see him all you can think is OHHHHH SHITTTTT. That's exactly how I was feeling, because when I met his eyes the world around us faded and for a moment I wanted everything to be like it was before. I turned away from him and went back and got my six coffees. I felt my face turn red, how could I still love him. It's been a year, I can't still love him.

Love. It's a funny word. Some people see it as one thing, and the other people take it as a game. How do I see it?

I see it through him, a voice inside me said. I shook my head. I realized that I was crying. I was crying at Starbucks.

I met Zach's eyes again. He looked hurt. I thought of the thing I had always used as my life goal. Life is short. If you miss someone, let them know. You hate someone, show it. You love someone? Tell them those three words. I opened my mouth and mouthed two words.

I. Love.

Just then the girl next to Zach grabbed Zach's face and lowered it to her own. Everyone in the shop started whooping. I hurried past everyone and left in a rush away from everyone.

"No one." I said, finishing my statement. I love no one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Alright. This chapter is done. I have to say I'm getting to really like this book.

Word Count: 462