Elise

There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.

– J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

•••

A year ago I left my love.

My true love.

My only love.

My soul mate.

I lost him. Actually I didn't loose him. I left him. A year ago Zach had dragged me to the doctor, Dr. Smith had told me that certain things helped keep the other person inside me from showing up. One, naps and a whole ton of them. Two, being friendly so I wouldn't want to hurt anyone. Three, loving people so I wouldn't dare hurt them. I had gone to Dr. Smith afterwards saying that I had hurt Zach, and I loved him more than anything. All he told me was that those three rules worked most of the time, but not all the time.

At 16, there isn't much you can do on your own. My family didn't want to take me in. However, since I couldn't stay with Zach anymore I needed them for something. They agreed to let me live in their old apartment until I was eighteen. After eighteen I was in my own. Literally.

I had to switch high schools. At my old one, I kept running into Zach and he kept trying to talk to me. I usually left him by running away in tears. I was truly a horrid person.

I woke up that Tuesday morning just like any other, at 5:30. I did my morning route, take a shower, brush my teeth, get dressed, do my hair, grab an apple and make my way out the door with my backpack. There was nothing new today. I had a restful sleep, so I didn't think that I would turn into monster mode at school. As soon as I got home though, I needed a nap.

I spent seven long hours at school without a misplace. Nothing had gone wrong, but I was drained. I was tired, and I was getting annoyed with people, which wasn't a good thing.

"Elise, you wanna hang out? We're going to the mall and then to grab some coffee." Mia said, who happened to be my only friend at this new high school. Only she was popular, and I wasn't. I glanced over at the "we" in the group. That happened to be all the popular kids. I was going to get beat up, and then I could very much murder them.

"No thanks, I got stuff to do today." I told her.

"Oh. Ok. Have fun doing that stuff!" She said before running off to her other friends.

"I'll be sleeping." I mumbled to myself. I walked home, and flopped straight onto my bed, without even getting into more comfortable clothes. I was asleep in seconds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

I hope these chapters will end up to be longer than the last few chapters of One Look.

There aren't going to be too many POV switches in this one, like last time it would switch at least twice in a chapter.