Chapter 6: Glee Club For The Better

Hey my fellow Bulldogs! Sorry I've been kinda slacking on updating this. I've been trying to get some of my other stuff updated as well. Also, I just started writing a Jughead imagines book. So far, I have some ideas, and they're all based on songs (I'm a music freak lol). Just pm me if you would like a personal Juggie imagine :). The info I need will be over in the imagines book for our dear Juggie.

Here's chappy 6!

-honeybear2421

🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤

Jughead's pov

After thinking about it and contemplating it overnight, I was trying to come up with ways that Dixie and I could get to know each other better. So far, I came up with hanging out at Pop's with her when she's not working there. I did come up with inviting her over to my place, but I'm not sure how my mom and Jellybean would feel about me bringing a new girl home to meet them. I don't think I'm ready to introduce Dixie to my father yet, 'cause of what my father is.
(A/n: For the purposes of this story, let's say Juggie lives in a nice home with his mom and sister and Hot Dog in Riverdale.)

Then, it clicked. Something that could be a start of the connection between me and Dixie. If I want to get to know her better, I should start with doing something she loves to do.

Author: what could that be? Read on!

Dixie's pov

Ugh. Mondays. I always have hated them. I mean, who doesn't? Then again, for some reason, I'm looking forward to today. Well, that's because I'm performing my choice for my home song in Glee club later on.

The day seemed to drag on and on. Algebra was a snore. When the hell are we ever gonna use a polynomial in life? I mean, I guess you could say I'm good at Algebra, but I hate it. At my old school in Jacob's Falls, the teacher entered me in MathCounts, which is a competition for math nerds, and the math problems in the competition are hard as hell. They're all pretty much story problems. Those kind of math problems are the worst! Story problems, problems with fractions and regular numbers, decimals, trying to find x (move on, algebra! I'm tired of trying to find your x! She's gone and not coming back!----😂😂😂😂😂 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA lol I had to!). Very hard to keep your eyes open. Otherwise, a smack of the yardstick on your table. Then you're awake.

Then, finally, I got to Glee club. I excitedly took my seat next to Betty and she looked at me weirdly before she said jokingly,
"Simmer down, child. You're only singing a song in Glee club today."
"The whole day has just been slowly creeping by. I wanted Glee club to come and come fast."
She laughed before she said,
"So I decided on doing Lady Antebellum's "Compass" for my home song."
I nodded before I said,
"Good choice."
Then, Mr. Schuester came in and greeted the club.
"Alright, so I'm assuming everyone or at least some of you have your 'home' song to sing in class, am I right?"
"Yeah!" we all chorused.
"Now. Here's the real question,"
A pregnant pause.
"Who's going first?" he then said, catching us off guard.
We all looked at each other as if to ask, "ok, which one of ya's is going first?'. Then, Veronica rolled her eyes and said,
"Alright. If no one else is going first, I will."
We all sighed in relief as she stood up and murmured something to the pianist and the band. Then, she went on to explain how this song reminded her of her kind of home and she went ahead and began singing.

*when Veronica was done*

We all applauded when Veronica was done singing. I then took a deep breath before I decided to go second. In my head, I had prepared a mini speech about my song. I pulled up a bar stool and sat down. Just as I was about to speak, the door suddenly opened.
"Mr. Schue?" I heard a familiar voice say. I turned towards the door and there was Jughead and Archie and coming in behind Archie was Reggie, Moose, Chuck, and Kevin. I raised my eyebrow in confusion as Mr. Schuester said,
"Oh. Hey guys. What can I do for you?"
Jughead then spoke up and said,
"Well, we were wondering if you have any open spots for guys in Glee club?"
My eyes widen and a surprised smile came to my face as Jughead then locked eyes with me and smiled as well. Mr. Schuester then smiled and said,
"Pop a squat anywhere. There's plenty of room. We'll do your auditions after Dixie's performance. You guys are also excused from this assignment. Basically, what it was is to pick a song that makes you think or reminds you of your kind of home. Dixie, take it away."
I took a deep breath and said,
"This song that I chose makes me feel at home everywhere I go in Riverdale. Even though I've only been here a couple weeks, I truly feel like I belong here. You all have been so welcoming of me and my daughter as well as welcoming back mine and Archie's mom. Which I wanna add, Archie, even though I've only known you were my brother for about a week or so, I'm really glad you're my brother. I feel like the little sis that's protected by the older brother in a way. So, this song's for everyone in here, as well as the new members."
I smiled as well as everyone else did the same and I then turned to the pianist and the band and they began to play the song I chose.

*you know the drill. Song: Your Heart Will Lead You Home by Kenny Loggins - Symbol: 💖*

Sunny days and starry nights
And lazy afternoons
You're counting castles in the clouds
And humming little tunes
But somehow right before your eyes
The summer fades away

Everything is different
And everything has changed

If you feel lost
And on your own
And far from home
You're never alone, you know
Just think of your friends
The ones who care
They all will be waiting there
With love to share
And your heart will lead you home

Funny how a photograph
Can take you back in time
To places and embraces
That you thought you left behind
They're trying to remind you
That you're not the only one

That no one is an island
When all is said and done

If you feel lost
And on your own
And far from home
You're never alone, you know
Just think of your friends
The ones who care
They all will be waiting there
With love to share
And your heart will lead you home

There'll come a day
When you're losing your way
And you won't know where you belong
They say that home is where the heart is
So follow your heart
And know that you can't go wrong

If you feel lost
And on your own
And far from home
You're never alone, you know
Just think of your friends
The ones who care
They all will be waiting there
With love to share
And your heart will lead you

If you feel lost
And on your own
And far from home
You're never alone, you know
Just think of your friends
The ones who care
They all will be waiting there
With love to share
And your heart will lead you
Where you belong
I know your heart will lead you home

💖

The next thing I know, the silence broke with thunderous applause. I looked around and smiled before I went back to my seat next to Betty, realizing Jughead had taken the seat behind mine. I smiled as I made eye contact with him and he smiled back warmly.

Well, this friendship is off to a good start ;).

Jughead's pov

"Alright, who's going first in their audition?" Mr. Schuester said, referring to me, Archie, Reggie, Chuck, Moose, and Kevin.
"Mr. Schue, if it's okay with you, Jughead and I want to audition together." Archie replied.
"Oh. Okay. Alright. Go ahead." Mr. Schuester responded. Archie and I both stood up and he and I both grabbed acoustic guitars. Over the past summer, Archie had been teaching me how to play. He taught me everything he knows.
"Okay. Kinda going with the appearance, we thought not only would it be a strange coincidence, but also our tribute to one of the greatest duos of all time, Brooks & Dunn." Archie said before motioning to the band. He and I then started in on the first notes to one of Brooks & Dunn's biggest hits, "My Maria".

Dixie's pov

I was not only in shock, but I was surprised as well. Where, oh where did Jughead get his singing voice? I knew Archie was musical from knowing him for a couple weeks, but Jughead? Wow.

I have to say, he impressed me with this number, partially being it's a country song that happens to be one of my favorites. If you think this is the way to my heart, Jughead, you're doing a very good job at it.

😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

So what'd u think of that?

Comment! The comment box is hungry!

-honeybear2421

Trivia question: On the show, they say Mary Andrews is a lawyer. However, she holds a different occupation in the comics. What is that occupation?