Chapter 1: Welcome To Riverdale

A/n: if you thought both parts of the prologue alone were intense, you ain't seen anything yet! This chappy's not that intense, but it does have a significant scene ;)

-honeybear2421

🚘🚚🚘🚚🚘🚚🚘🚚🚘🚚🚘🚚🚘🚚

Dixie's pov

We decided to stop at the cemetery to visit John's gravesite and lay flowers down before we moved to my mom's old hometown. All I did for a good few minutes was kneel down in front of his grave and stroked the stone in a soothing motion.
"I'm sorry, John, but we have to do this. No more judging or pitiful eyes. No more lies. No more drama. No more tragedy..." I said to the stone. Then, I decided to sing one more song in Jacob's Falls, California.

If I should stay
Well, I would only be in your way
And so I'll go and yet I know
That I'll think of you each step of my way

And I will always love you
I will always love you

Bittersweet memories
That's all I have and all I'm taking with me
Goodbye, oh please don't cry
'Cause we both know that I'm not what you need

But I will always love you
I will always love you

And I hope life will treat you kind
And I hope that you have all that you ever dreamed of
Oh, I do wish you joy
And I wish you happiness
But above all this
I wish you love

I love you
I will always love you

I, I will always, always love you
I will always love you

I was trying very hard not to cry while singing the song. Once I finished, I let out a sob as I kissed my fingertips and placed them on the stone one more time before standing back up and taking a long look at the stone. I said,
"I will always love you, John. See you later."
Ever since John died, I have refused to say the word 'goodbye', with the exception of the song I just sang. I then turned to head back to my mom's Chevy Trailblazer and climbing in the backseat next to Virginia so I could easily care for her if need be. I buckled up and looked at Virginia lovingly. She just looked at me and grinned her toothless grin. I laughed and said,
"You're our little princess, aren't you? Yes you are!"
She just happily babbled as she tried to gnaw on a toy.
"Are we all ready?" my mom said.
"Yeah. Let's get out of here." I replied.
"Okay. The U-haul trailer is hooked up to the back, we have everything, and we're ready to go. Let's go!" she said as she turned the engine on and shifted gears and the radio came on to Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)". Seemed to fit the situation, I guess. Then, we were on our way to our brand new future in a town not well known to me and Virginia, but well known to Mom.

*2 1/2 hours later*

I must've fell asleep at some point 'cause when I woke up, I seen we were at a gas station. I checked on Virginia and she was sound asleep. I smiled and looked outside to see that my mom was pumping gas. I yawned and rubbed my eyes tiredly. I checked the time on my watch that lights up and I seen that it was 3:12am. I looked again at my mom, but she wasn't there, so I assumed that she was inside paying. She then came back out with a receipt, 2 7-ups, some Cheerios, some Doritos in both nacho cheese and cool ranch, and some TGI Friday's potato skins in sour cream and onion flavor and cheddar and bacon flavor. She handed me the sour cream and onion ones, for I like that kind better.
"Thank you." I said softly.
"You're welcome, sweetie. Thought you might be hungry, so I grabbed some munchies and something to drink."
"How far do we got to go yet?"
"Another hour and a half."
"Okay."
I then popped a couple sour cream and onion potato skins in my mouth and looked out the window as we continued driving to our destination.

*hour and a half later*

Virginia had woken up and was fussy, but luckily, I knew she was hungry, so I prepared her a bottle and proceeded to feed her while my mom kept driving. The next thing I know, my mom had her phone to her ear and she started talking to somebody on the other line,
"Hi Pop. It's Mary Andrews."
Response.
"Good. How about you?"
Response.
"That's good. Hey, we're just about to the diner there, so do you want to get a couple burgers going for us? Fries too? Yes, 7-up is fine for both of us. Yeah, we're almost there, and I'll send Dixie in for it so you can meet her. Okay. Thank you so much, Pop. Bye."
She hung up and she smiled and said,
"Dixie, welcome to Riverdale." as she pointed at the town sign on the right hand side of the road. I looked at the sign and said,
"A town with a lot of pep...?"
"Yeah. The high school has a lot of spirit."
"I see."
Before we knew it, we were parked in front of a diner called Pop's Choklit Shoppe.
"So this is it? Where I will be working?"
"Yep. It's a real nice place."
I got out of the car and slowly walked up to the door, not knowing what to expect of the inside.

Jughead's pov

As far as I knew, it was a normal night for me at Pop's. Same booth, same laptop, same everything, pretty much. Suddenly, the bell jingled, indicating a customer walking in. I glanced up and I seen it was a young girl. Something made me look up again. I took a longer look this time. Daaaaaamn, she's gorgeous. She had on denim blue boot cut jeans, white shirt with huge sparkly polka dots, and her hair was up in a high pony tail.
"Hi. Pop?" she said rather timid when she walked up to the counter. Pop turned around and smiled as the girl smiled, held out her hand, and introduced herself,
"I'm Dixie."
Pop shook her hand and said,
"Nice to finally meet you, Miss Dixie. The burgers are on and the fries are cooking, so it'll be a little bit yet. Since it's a little late tonight, I'll wait on training you until you come in on Monday afternoon."

Her name is Dixie. Wow. Beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I didn't realize I was staring until she looked around before finally looking my way. We locked eyes and all I could do was stare in awe. She seemed to have the same expression written on her face as well. Maybe some drool fell out of my mouth, I don't know, but she didn't look away until Pop brought out her order.
"Here you go. Welcome to Riverdale." Pop said.
"Thanks Pop. See you Monday afternoon. Have a good night." she said as she turned my way and looked at me before walking out the door. Boy, did she intrigue me. I wonder if she has a boyfriend. Probably does. Maybe not. Who knows?
"I seen the way you were looking at her, Jug." Pop said, startling me out of my thoughts.
"Who is she, exactly?" I asked.
"Oh, her mom used to live here a while back. But now, she's back to stay, and she's brought her daughter with her."

I wish I could find out more about Dixie. Who her mom is and how long ago she used to live here. Why they chose to come to Riverdale to stay.

But, what if she might know something that could lead to who killed quarterback Jason Blossom two years ago?

🌗🌗🌗🌗🌗🌗🌗🌗🌗🌗🌗🌗🌗🌗

So what did you think of that?
Comment below!

Trivia question: in some of the newer comics, Jughead has a baby sister. What's her real name and the name she goes by?

Comment your answer!

-honeybear2421