27 : Barefaced

Her missing piece

" I'm home" I said to myself the moment I entered my room. Napatingin na lamang ako sa kisame ng walang kahit ano na nasa isip ko. I just stared blankly at the ceiling.

Tomorrow is mom and dad's anniversary. I'm happy for my parents. Twenty-five years in marriage is not a joke because twenty-five years in marriage is a complete definition of true love. A married couple wouldn't last that long if love doesn't exist.

Morning came and everybody in the house gets to be so busy on the preparation of my parent's anniversary. Tumulong narin ako sa preparation ng bahay since the house is so spacious, it needs a lot of effort for it to be fully decorated. Decorations were placed. Mahilig sa bulaklak si mom kaya naman halos karamihan ng mga dekorasyong inilagay sa bahay ay mga bulaklak. The decorations were made simple. Mom and dad's celebration is to start later at five in the evening

Family friends and business partners were also invited.

This is going to be a long night. I told to myself.

I had brought home with me five packages. Two of those boxes are for my parents.

The other three are for my friends and for the friends I get to live with inside the house at isa na iyon si manong boss.

I wore my usual clothes that I left in the house. Just a simple shorts and a T-Shirt. I tied my hair before going down. I can already hear voices of other people, hindi pa man ako nakakababa ng hagdan. There were designers and photographers who were happily talking with my parents.

I smiled. I miss my life in this house. I walked down the stairs. Nakita naman agad ako ni dad kaya naman ipinakilala niya agad ako sa mga bisita niya.

" By the way, this is our daughter, Gabby" Nakangiting saad ni Dad sa mga bisita niya.

" You look like a fashion model iha. Are you perhaps a model" Tanong agad sa akin nung isang lalaki. I also can see that he's gay but he really looks like a woman, a pretty woman. I'm amazed with the power of cosmetics.

" Hindi po" Saad ko kaagad.

" You look like one" Saad lamang niya sa akin.

" Nagmana sa nanay" Natatawang saad sa amin ni mom. I smiled.

" I guess we have to start with the decorations already Mrs. Roquez" Saad niya kay mom.

" Sige. Tawagin mo na lang ako kapag may kailangan kayo okay." Saad ni mom. Mukhang may pupuntahan pa sila ni dad.

Tumulong ako sa pag-aayos ng mga dekorasyon. I just followed what the designers say and did what I help. Hindi naman kase ako magaling sa pagdedecorate. But I can decorate with simplicity.

Hindi ko na din siguro namalayan na malapit na palang maggabi. Makky, Bash, Gelo and the group are invited. They said that some of the group got married, a year after graduation. Well, you cannot control your life. And you cannot control marriage. When marriage says that it's time for you to settle down then you cannot say no to it. The important thing is that, you must atleast make sure that you are going to marry the right person.

Mom has been very busy preparing herself for the celebration.

" I'm so happy for you and dad mom" Saad ko kay mom ng bisitahin ko siya sa kuwarto nila ni dad. She was wearing a simple dress. I'm amazed, my mom looks really pretty even with her old age.

" Thanks anak. And by the way, the Valdemars are joining us tonight. I've invited them personally" Saad ni mom sa akin. She was finding for something in me, I know. But I just smiled.